Calibrating to measure an impedance match

abr...@tegam.com

Aug 12, 2021, 4:32:56 PM8/12/21
to VNA Tools
I have to measure a device that is a resonant match between 50 Ohms and about 1 Ohm.  We made a matching transformer to connect one VNA port to the 1-Ohm side, and constructed Short, Open, Load devices for the 1-Ohm port.

Now, I just want to be sure I set up the calibration tests.  How do I set up VNA Tools to tell it Port 1 is 1-Ohm and Port 2 is 50 Ohms?  Also, the "unknown thru" is likely to be rather lossy.  Will that be a big problem?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Andy

Michael Wollensack METAS

Aug 13, 2021, 2:35:15 AM8/13/21
to VNA Tools
>  How do I set up VNA Tools to tell it Port 1 is 1-Ohm and Port 2 is 50 Ohms?

After creating a new calibration configuration you can specify the reference impedance for each port. See the table which is left from the calibration standard assignment table.

>  Also, the "unknown thru" is likely to be rather lossy.  Will that be a big problem?

Should not be a problem.

Michael