Using prerecorded measurement data without TestVNA adding noise and distortion

Franz G. Aletsee

Jun 29, 2020, 4:20:12 AM6/29/20
to VNA Tools
Hello %,

I would like to use prerecorded measurement and simulation date to be evaluated with the VNA Tool.
Therefore, I used the TestVNA and added new measurements for a S-parameter file.
Unfortunately the TestVNA adds noise and linear distortion (not checked yet).

With my qucs VNA  simulation (Fig. 1), I can get SOLT working with the noise added by the Testvna.
For Unknown Thru the "switch terms" need to be recorded. I a previous post a dut with high transmission should be used.
I tried this (Fig. 2), but the calibration is not working as expected. We have a reference implementation for Uthru in Matlab and with the same simulation data, it works without any problem. Is there a special format required for recording the switch terms?

Kind regards
Franz

Fig 1.

Fig.2