Import existing raw data

Michael Wollensack METAS

Mar 11, 2016, 3:16:17 AM3/11/16
to VNA Tools
Hi,

I want to use VNA Tools with some existing raw data measurements which are stored in one directory as Touchstone files (s2p). How can I import them into the Measurement Journal of VNA Tools?

Regards

Michael Wollensack METAS

Mar 11, 2016, 4:05:38 AM3/11/16
to VNA Tools
Hi,

you can do that with the script in the attached Zip file. The script copies the raw data measurements to the sdatb file format and generates the measurement journal. The settings of the VNA are specified in the script. The cable stability and connector repeatability are as well specified in the script.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Michael
Import_Data_Example_OnWafer.zip

Michael Wollensack METAS

Oct 12, 2017, 7:19:24 AM10/12/17
to VNA Tools
Hi,

I've updated the script to import existing measurement data. See the attached zip-file.

The wollowing things have changed:
  • DUT Uncertainty added to measurement journal.
  • Measurements are in the correct order (time stamp) in the journal.
Import_Data_Example_OnWafer2.zip
_VNA Tools ImportData2.py
Message has been deleted

Michael Wollensack METAS

Nov 30, 2022, 7:28:45 AM11/30/22
to VNA Tools
Hi,

the obsolete properties `StabilityMag` and `StabilityPhase` of a cable have been replaced with the following properties `StabilityTransmissionMag` and `StabilityTransmissionPhase`. The `StabilityMag` and `StabilityPhase` properties were the two-way cable stability and  `StabilityTransmissionMag` and `StabilityTransmissionPhase` are the one-way cable stability.

I've updated the script to import existing measurement data. See the attached py-file.

Regards
Michael
_VNA Tools ImportData3.py

Mr Skinner

Jan 5, 2023, 6:17:40 AM1/5/23
to VNA Tools
Dear Michael

Thank you for your assistance with this query.

When it comes to switch terms, can these be imported into VNA Tools? Perhaps if they are saved in the correct format from the VNA, a format that is compatible with VNA Tools calibration?

Please can you specify if this is a possibility.

Best regards
James

Michael Wollensack METAS

Jan 9, 2023, 10:31:00 AM1/9/23
to VNA Tools
Hi James,

Yes you can import as well switch terms into VNA Tools. E.g.: you could store the switch terms in a 2-port Touchstone file where

S11: is the switch term of port 1 when port 2 is driving (a1/b1_p2)
S21: is set to 0
S12: is set to 0
S22: is the switch term of port 2 when port 1 is driving (a2/b2_p1)

Regards
Michael

Mr Skinner

Jan 17, 2023, 11:53:16 AM1/17/23