Controller.PIDController examples

jrothr...@hdsd.org

Jul 17, 2020, 12:56:05 PM7/17/20
to vmx-pi
Hello,
I finally have a viable input working on a testbot, and I am at the point where I can start working on tuning PIDs. I am wondering if any of the NAVX or VMX-pi turn to angle examples have been updated to use the 2020 WPILib Controller classes.  If so, can someone point me to them?

I have been trying to use the Pixy input directly, but I am having major oscillation issues (like from nothing to saturated positive to saturated negative instantly).  So, I think I am doing something wrong beyond setting the gains too high.

I wanted to start with a solid example, and the Navx turn to angle code is the only PID our team has gotten working successfully thus far. However, the PID Controller changed a lot for 2020 so we did not get there yet this year.
Thanks,
Jacob

Scott Libert

Jul 17, 2020, 2:09:56 PM7/17/20
to vmx-pi
> I am wondering if any of the NAVX or VMX-pi turn to angle examples have been updated to use the 2020 WPILib Controller classes.

At this point, no.  If you'd like, we'd be happy to review any example you might come up with; if that works for you, I'd like to ask that we share it with other FRC teams by putting it on our website.

jrothr...@hdsd.org

Jul 17, 2020, 5:06:09 PM7/17/20
to vmx-pi
Thank you. Certainly. I will share what I have when I come up with something. I will ask more questions if I encounter some road bumps.

~Jacob