Saw a new version of vmx-frc and vmx-hal come across....

Charlie Peppler

May 11, 2020, 9:58:39 PM5/11/20
to vmx-pi
...anything interesting?

Jacob Roth-Ritchie

May 11, 2020, 11:29:17 PM5/11/20
to vmx-pi
I am not sure if anything else has changed, but they updated the HAL to fix an issue with I2C.  I have not had a chance to test it yet, but I am excited they found a fix so quickly.  A huge Thank you .

It includes a change in Gradle too.  I do not know if it works with the 2019 libraries.

On Monday, May 11, 2020 at 9:58:39 PM UTC-4, Charlie Peppler wrote:
...anything interesting?

Scott Libert

May 11, 2020, 11:53:42 PM5/11/20
to vmx-pi
It includes a change in Gradle too.  I do not know if it works with the 2019 libraries.

The Gradle change is for 2020 WPI Library support; it simplifies things because when using this approach, it's no longer required to use git to grab the latest Kauai Labs GradleRIO, build it and install it - rather, all that's needed is to update the GradleRIO plugin info in the build.gradle whenever a new version of the VMX-pi WPI Library support is needed.  More info here:  https://pdocs.kauailabs.com/vmx-pi/advanced/vmx-pi-for-frc-2020-robot-programming/vmx-pi-for-frc-documentation/customizing-a-vscode-wpi-library-project-to-build-deploy-for-vmx-pi/

Currently, there's no change in functionality other than the simplified update process.