The yaw value of AHRS has been drifting.

HAO

Aug 6, 2021, 8:39:07 PM8/6/21
to vmx-pi
The yaw value of AHRS has been drifting. I didn't touch the robot at all.

I have followed the http://shorturl.at/efiFS for several attempts to calibrate ahrs by pressing the CAL button. But no effect.

I had tried press CAL button to calibration the ahrs many times.

The full video in below file.

HAO

Aug 6, 2021, 8:40:49 PM8/6/21
to vmx-pi

HAO

Aug 6, 2021, 8:41:16 PM8/6/21
to vmx-pi
I’m going crazy about this problem, it makes my robot can’t walk straight in a straight line.

HAO 在 2021年8月7日 星期六上午8:40:49 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApDhb4S6ZHdfs60tDeN2_Pgi24bvBA?e=yNfe8N

Scott Libert

Aug 6, 2021, 9:16:47 PM8/6/21
to vmx-pi
The yaw drifts approximately .25 degrees per minute (more or less, depending on various factors, including shifts in temperature and other things).  This is a fundamental limitation of using MEMS sensors like those used on VMX.

The video you showed demonstrates roughly this amount of yaw drift.

So if your requirements are to drive straight and experience less yaw drift, you can consider using drive wheel encoders instead to maintain driving a straight line.

- scott