Create Snappshot issue

Gary Escoffery

Jul 14, 2014, 11:27:16 AM7/14/14
to vmwar...@googlegroups.com

I wrote this as a response to a different topic but I'm not sure if anyone can see this so I created my own topic.

Whenever I create Snapshots using the api (virtualMachine.Snapshots.CreateSnapshot(name, "test snapshot");) they don't work. The VM logs it as a snapshot but there is no vmem file and the state of the Snapshot isn't saved. As a result, I can't restore to the Snapshot in question. If I manually create a snapshot it creates the vmem file and the reverttosnapshot() works as expected.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or how do I cause it to create the vmem file?

Daniel Doubrovkine

Jul 14, 2014, 12:06:42 PM7/14/14
to vmwar...@googlegroups.com
No idea what's going on, but it would be helpful if you told us which versions of VixCOM you're using and stuff like that.

dB. | Moscow - Geneva - Seattle - New York
code.dblock.org - @dblockdotorg - artsy.net - github/dblock

Gary Escoffery

Sep 24, 2014, 1:10:12 PM9/24/14
to vmwar...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I never got back I didn't realize you responded. But I figured out what my problem was. I never realized I needed to add the flag to include memory I assumed it was enabled by default so added it and it works.

Thanks again

Daniel Doubrovkine

Sep 24, 2014, 2:13:38 PM9/24/14
to vmwar...@googlegroups.com
Can you be more specific? :) That might help someone else.

Gary Escoffery

Oct 20, 2014, 12:26:55 PM10/20/14
to vmwar...@googlegroups.com

Yes sorry. I'm not getting emails anymore whenever there's a response. Anyway.

In the CreateSnapshot function it passes a default flag of 0 which means don't save memory. But if you pass "Constants.VIX_SNAPSHOT_INCLUDE_MEMORY" as the flag it dumps the memory as you would expect.

Thanks for your help.