RunProgramInGuest: Return values?

Fabian Nagel

Aug 11, 2014, 5:56:23 AM8/11/14
to vmwar...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

is it possible to use RunProgramInGuest to receive return values? For example if I want to retrieve a process list on a linux VM by running "ps -ef", would it be possible to get the output of that command?

Regards,
Fabian

Daniel Doubrovkine

Aug 11, 2014, 10:55:15 AM8/11/14
to vmwar...@googlegroups.com

dB. | Moscow - Geneva - Seattle - New York
code.dblock.org - @dblockdotorg - artsy.net - github/dblock

Daniel Doubrovkine

Aug 11, 2014, 10:56:19 AM8/11/14
to vmwar...@googlegroups.com

Fabian Nagel

Aug 11, 2014, 11:17:10 AM8/11/14
to vmwar...@googlegroups.com
Nice! Thanks for the quick answer! I'll give it a try. The process enumeration thing was just the first example which came to my mind, basically I just wanna be able to execute arbitrary binaries on the VM and access their return values.