VM Linux client && smbclient host OS

Neil Jones

Jan 20, 2009, 6:28:33 AM1/20/09
Hello,

I have a Windows Vista as my host OS on my laptop running VMWare
workstation with several Linux VM guests.

On one of the Linux VM, I have configured Samba and I can mount the VM
filesystem from the Vista. I would like to mount the Vista drive (D:\)
to the Linux VM. The Windows drive has lots of duplicate files which I
would like to list and delete. I find Linux well suited for this task.
How can I mount the host OS drive to the VM client?

The drive is too big to upload it to the VM and perform the search.

Thank you in advance for any help.

NJ

Ullrich

Jan 21, 2009, 2:25:09 AM1/21/09
can you set the Shared Folder to that drive?

Ullrich