vmware-vmx.exe - What does it do?

Neil Jones

Dec 22, 2008, 6:19:21 AM12/22/08
I have VMware Workstation 6.5.1 running on Vista Ultimate. Yesterday, I
have installed a distribution of Linux as a VM. The VM creation went well.

Now I am trying to compile an application and it is taking really long
time. There is lot of disk activity, so I checked the Task Manager on
Vista and saw that "vmware-vmx.exe" has the highest CPU usage (at about
27%).

What does "vmware-vmx.exe" do?

Thank you in advance for any info.

Regards,

NJ

Michael John Ruff

Mar 7, 2009, 3:34:06 AM3/7/09
Hi

The VMWARE-VMX is you virtual PC and if running multiple virtual PC's
you will see many in the list of tasks.

Mike