VMWare Guest VM that runs on *ANY* Host?

VMWary

May 6, 2008, 4:53:56 PM5/6/08

How do I create a VMWare virtual machine that only has
features that are universally available on every kind of
VMWare Host, OS, and hardware?

It MUST NOT offer support to the guest for:

Multiple cores.
64-bit processing.
XP bits.
SSE.
VmCOM API.

(Or am I wrong? Can VMWare run a SMP guest on
a non-SMP host? Any others on the above list
that are universally available?)

It MUST run on:

Windows 2000 Host.
Windows Vista Host.
Linux Host.
Host with no sound card.
Host with no network card.
Host with no USB.
Host with a a 1024x768 16-bit display.
VMware Workstation.
VMware Fusion.
VMware Player.
VMware ESX Server.
VMware GSX Server.

Is there some sort of configuration option that makes the
guest see the minimum amount of features?

Or do I have to go to eBay and buy an old Pentium II system
with no USB or sound card and a really limited graphics card?

Other issues:

VMware ESX Server VMware ESX Server uses a virtual disk file
format different from the format used by other VMware products,
so it looks like I need to make at least two versions of my VM
to insure that it runs everywhere.

Any advice would be most appreciated.