slow net connection after installing VMware

Kwacka

Sep 4, 2005, 3:40:12 PM9/4/05
I'm a new user, with VMworkstation 5 running Mandriva 2005LE as host, with
XP & 98SE as guests. (1400MHz Athlon, 512 Mb memory)

The guests use NAT but I have found that internet connection speed on
the host is drastically reduced after I installed these, even when they
are not powered on. I un-installed VMware, and speeds returned to normal,
only to reduce again when I re-installed.

Any advice, please?