Samba question on Fedora Core 3 on VMWare 4.5.2 on WinXP Host

Mike

Apr 19, 2005, 11:03:15 AM4/19/05
I use Fedora Core 3 (FC3) on VMWare Ver 4.5.2 build-8848 on a WinXP host.
Everything seems to be okay except accessing the FC3 directories from WinXP
and other machines on the network.
Is there any special issue with Samba on FC3 ?
Can some Samba/FC3 expert kindly post an absolute minimal smb.conf file with
no security no user limitation etc?
I just want to access FC3's /home directory from all computers on my small
LAN.

otalhakswsi

Apr 24, 2005, 8:39:29 AM4/24/05

> Otal Hakswsi wrote:
>> how to disable firewall in Fedora Core 3

> /sbin/service iptables stop
> If you want to disable iptables startup on boot:
> /sbin/chkconfig iptables off
>>

> /etc/init.d/iptables stop

Thank you all.
I had a problem not being able to use samba on VMWare 4.5.2 on WinXP host,
and I thought if it is due to firewall.
I've disabled the firewall (thanks to your help) and now samba is working on
VMWare.
How can I enable nd/or block certain ports etc on wirewall so that samba
works fine but system still stay safe.
Once again thank you for your help.

Otal