Move on from mailing list to Discourse forum?

Andras Lasso

Sep 3, 2020, 8:04:35 PM9/3/20
to vmtk-users
HI all,

Mailing lists are really limited compared to what forums can do and today most software toolkits have transitioned to provide user support via forum.

Probably because people don't want to interact using old-school mailing list, they instead post questions as issues on VMTK issue tracker. Community members can answer them but cannot close the issues, so the issue tracker becomes cluttered with lots of answered questions. Would it be possible to grant rights to a few active VMTK users to close issues? We could then clean things up a bit.

Andras