Silverfast 8 Serial

Patricia Gluth

Dec 3, 2023, 8:26:32 AM12/3/23
Dear SilverFast 8 Customer, You have purchased an upgrade to an advanced version of SilverFast 8. For being able to use the additional features, it is necessary to activate your new version using the new SilverFast 8 serial number, which was sent to you by email.

It is not required to re-download or re-install SilverFast 8. Activating a SilverFast 8 serial number. Start your already installed SilverFast 8 version. On the welcome screen, click the button Service Dialog at the bottom left. In this service dialog, click the button Upgrade license . Enter first and last name, which were used during the purchase . Enter your SilverFast 8 serial number and click on Unlock .

Silverfast 8 Serial
Download https://ssurll.com/2wHNAp

Have fun using your new SilverFast 8 Version. Dear SilverFast 6 Customer If you have been a previous user of SilverFast AI 6.6, and are now upgrading to our Studio-version, a few steps are required to manually enter the new serial number and enable the Studio-features. The same procedure also applies when upgrading from SE to SE Plus.

If you are interested in a paid upgrade, please, just send us an e-mail with your existing SilverFast version number, the corresponding serial number and scanner model for which the software is to be used and may be used to. Then you will get an individual and non-binding offer.

SilverFast HDR is a completely independent software that indit processes the raw data generated by the SilverFast-scansoftware, but it is not related to it. Accordingly, SilverFast HDR is also delivered as an independent CD/DVD and has to be installed in a second process. SilverFast HDR also has an own serial number. Those who buy SilverFast HDR as a bundle with the scansoftware SilverFast can sell SilverFast HDR afterwards again individually.

Want to share my experience here to install two scanner related Silverfast 8 software packages on the same PC which allows to work with two scanners. I am currently using the Plustek 8200i scanner with Silverfast 8 Ai Suite and the Epson V850 with Silverfast 8 SE Suite. The start page of the software has a dropdown menu to select from multiple installed programs/scanners, but it is not straight forward to get there, and the current manual has nothing in there how to correctly install two or more Silverfast 8 versions for different scanners:

1. Do not install Silverfast 8 from the CD - the versions are not the most actual ones, and you can only run Silverfast 8 for two (or more) scanners with exactly the same updated version. Do not try to install from the CD and do not use the update function within the program at this point - it won't work correctly and will only lead to hiccups with the other version.
Also, you need to install both Silverfast 8 versions into the same hard drive directory to make them work in parallel.

2. Download the most actual versions directly form the Silverfast home page. To do this, registration of the software is a requirement. After registration, you need to enter the provided serial number which came with the original CD of the program - do not lose this number! This allows you to get on the Silverfast website with downloadable software versions for the specific program version (for example SE Pro) which was purchased most likely in combination with the scanner. Download the latest version into a directory to install from on the hard drive. Repeat the whole process for the Silverfast version of the second scanner - register it also, enter its serial #, and download again the latest version - it must be the same version code as the first one! - of this specific Silverfast 8 version.

3. Choose any of the two (or several) downloaded Silverfast 8 programs to be installed in a provided directory. After installation, select the other version to have it installed into the same directory as the earlier installed version. Then start the program with the provided Silverfast 8 desktop link - it will open the start page (assuming the scanner(s) are turned on) and have both scanners in the drop-down list to select from. After selection, the specific version of Silverfast 8 fitting to one of the scanners will start.

4. Updates in the future. I didn't experience this myself yet, but I asked this question to the support team of Silverfast. Supposedly you can run from now on the internal update function which will now automatically recognize that two (or more) Silverfast versions were installed in the same directory. I was told that there is no need to download the latest upgraded version again directly from the homepage.

I can't upgrade to Silverfast Studio 8 since I have lost the serial number so that isn't an option- unless I spend the $300 for the new serial number. That is frustrating since the Plustek scanner is only a $400 piece of equipment and came with the Silverfast software free. The Silverfast Studio 8 license is almost the cost of a new scanner!

And this is my main reproach to this software:documentation is virtually nil. There is a 15 pages (!) "Quick Installation Guide". From those 15 pages, 4 pages are devoted to the cover, legal stuff and self-acclaiming. Then 2 pages on installation and "serialization", and 8 pages on working with the WorkFlowPilot and a cover. A lot of space is used to tout functions like "Gradation" (basically tone curve), "AACO" (!), basically congtrast and tonal corrections, "GCC" (Global Color Correction), USM (shatpening), GANE (noise removal), ... all functions that a serious professional of serious expert will prefer to execute in Photoshop, Lightroom of the like. Don't forget this software costs a hefty 500 EUR (for a Reflecta RPS 7200) and can be used only with one single scanner model. At this price tag, it is not a tool that will be bought by beginners. Additionally, there are some other documents about "Image to Web" (3 pages including cober, aboutb exporting scans directly from SilverFast to Flickr and the like, who is going to do that?), JobManager (4 pages including cover, does not work with WorkFlowPilot), ADF Scan (6 pages, documention does not match my version of the software), Focus Control (4 pages) and that's it! The video tutorials are very basic, just an explanation of thev use of each button, and the video for the JobManager is still showing an old version (SilverFast 8 has been out for nearly 3 years, now).
eebf2c3492