Jc Higgins Model 50 Serial Numbers

Patricia Gluth

Dec 5, 2023, 1:04:01 PM12/5/23
The J. C. Higgins name was only put on guns through 1941-1962.It could have serial numbers located next to the trigger on thebottom plate, but a magority don't. In any case though you can takethe model numbers (examples 583.10, 101.387) and cross reference tofind who made it. Then when you have model numbers and productiondates you will have a general idea. I actually found the date ofmanufacture on my model 50 270win. On the other hand I can onlyguess on my model 20 because it has no serial #'s. It was made byHigh standard and somewhere from 1945-1952. The model 20 will haveno serial numbers. After 1957, High Standard made model 20's willhave an assembly date code on the barrel in the form of two uppercase letters. The Model 20 was made between 1948 and 1962.

jc higgins model 50 serial numbers
DOWNLOAD https://t.co/F0NaQi8uyT

Singers have always been marked with serial numbers ever since production began. Each number is corresponding to a model from a certain date, and even location. All Singer sewing machines up until 1900 have no letter prefix, and came from all around the world. The Singer company eventually managed their production from all their factories to match up with the serial number flow.

Hey mindy..I recently got an antique singer and it also has a serial number that begins with a G followed by 7 numbers. Were able to find anything to help you identify the manufacturing year on yours?

I picked up an old singer at a odd and ends shop. The serial number, which is located on the top under the gold Singer emblem. I do not see it on your chart. The number is AD745900. Is that the serial number and if it is could you tell me the age? It is in beautiful and looks similar to the model on your website above, the one with the red fabric.

Hi Melody,
I have a Singer Sewing Machine that I know for a fact was made between 1851 and 1870. I have a file with the serial numbers and since the logs were lost between those years, I know my number is from those years. The serial number is 00491203. The research I did shows if there are no letters in the serial number you can be sure it was manufactured prior to 1900. Just curious of what you think I should do.

Maybe you can help. I bought an old Singer sewing machine as deskmodel. Not these ones mounted in a desk and driven by feet. It is driven by a crank. Now I found your table of the production year where you told that the old machine serial numbers started without a letter. But mine has the following serial number: V616882
Do everyone will have an explanation on that?
Many thanks for each hint in advance.
eebf2c3492