pathworks thinks I have Decnet phase V installed?

rob merritt

Dec 28, 2003, 1:35:48 AM12/28/03
I recently upgraded a openvms system from 6.2-1h3 to 7.1-2 , with only
one glitch
after the upgrade asked if I wanted decnet phase v support I answered
"no" (we are using phase iv) and the install proceded to uninstall
decnet and not upgrade it ???? So after the fact I just installed the
decnet phase IV pcsi and all seemed well. Unfortunatlly we are still
using PW 5.0f (I know we should upgrade) but for some reason PW thinks
I should have decnet phase V installed :

MARIO::SYSTEM$ @pwrk$startup
%PWRK-F-LOCKFAIL, failure to acquire startup lock
%DCL-W-ACTIMAGE, error activating image NCL
-CLI-E-IMAGEFNF, image file not found
MARIO$DKA100:[SYS0.SYSCOMMON.][SYSEXE]NCL.
EXE;
Process PWRK$LICENSE_S created with identification 00000232
%PWRK-E-NOTPHASEV, system is not running Phase V DECnet

MARIO::SYSTEM$

wierd eh,

any suggestions .

rob merritt

Dec 29, 2003, 12:57:11 AM12/29/03
Got it working!
-installed the phase V osi pcsi rebooted Pw came up good
-then uninstalled Phase v rebooted pathworks stilled worked
-installed phase IV again rebooted PW still worked