Problems setting up pager modem on Solaris

1 view

Chris.K...@sematech.org

Oct 30, 2008, 4:29:04 PM10/30/08

PMDF version is PMDF V6.4
libpmdf.so version V6.4; linked 14:49:03, Jul 25 2008
SunOS flash 5.10 Generic_127111-06 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T2000

Would someone who has gotten the pager channel running on Solaris please tell me how you set up your modem?

It's a Hayes-compatible fax modem. When the pager channel runs the modem script, the "CONNECT 2400" comes back, but then instead of "ID," we get "xx." We have an OpenVMS PMDF pager channel calling the same paging switch with the same hayes_script with no problems, so it must be something about the modem.

Any hints will be much appreciated.

Chris Kindschi

Chris.K...@sematech.org

Nov 3, 2008, 11:31:05 AM11/3/08
In case it helps someone else, we got it working with these eeprom settings:

ttya-rts-dtr-off=true

ttya-ignore-cd=true

ttya-mode=9600,8,n,1,h