Progress in using different datastores in vmsbackup

瀏覽次數:7 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Haennes

未讀,
2010年2月18日 下午4:08:282010/2/18
收件者:vmsbackup
Hi there,

Wonderful piece of work! but:
I've read following comment in the script:
4) If used with VMware Server 2.0.x please note that only the
"[standard]" datastore will be considered by the script
(backup_vmware3.12a.sh)

Are there any news about using different datastores? Regrettably i'm
unable to use the script without this possibility to use different
datastores.
How you people realize backup with different datastores?

Thanks in advance
Greetings

ronaldlw

未讀,
2010年2月18日 下午4:23:482010/2/18
收件者:vmsbackup
I've been working on a new script that has more options and allows
backup from multiple data stores. It's still pretty rough and I
haven't had time to work on it much lately, but you're welcome to try
it out. Please note that it only works on VMware server 2.0+ and not
version 1.0 (seems like you're looking for 2.0.x anyway, but I wanted
to make that clear)

http://code.google.com/p/vmbackup-script/

Let me know what you think...

Thanks,
Ron

Haennes

未讀,
2010年3月2日 清晨5:00:232010/3/2
收件者:vmsbackup
Hi Ron,

excuse me for my late answer. I've tried your script, but hadn't time
to go much deeper into it.
the guided configuration looks well, but for me,it's not necessary,
because i want to run backup by cron, not manually.
Like you said, it's still pretty rough and as far is i remember the
backup methods are limited. my favorit is the simple suspend and copy
which leads me to the backup script v1.0. Sorry for my very small
contribution, but
when i'm grown up and managed to learn scripting i will return and
work on these backup script all day long, i will promise ;-)

Best wishes
Haennes

回覆所有人
回覆作者