Upgrading to VMWare Server 2.0.2 from Server 1.0.5

James

Nov 16, 2009, 8:22:39 AM11/16/09
to vmsbackup
Hi Guys,

I am upgrading VMWare server from version 1.0.5 to 2.0.2 on my CentOS
5.3 host. I am wondering if the script or settings will need to be
changed so that it continues to backup the VM's on Server 2?

I am using "backup_vmware3.12a.sh"

TIA

TheBlob

Nov 17, 2009, 3:39:30 AM11/17/09
to vmsbackup
Hello James, I've never tried to upgrade a VMware Server, so I cannot
be absolutely sure, but as far as I know, there is no reason why it
should not work, since it is compatible with both 1.x and 2.x
versions.

Just in case, you could also try the newer version which is present on
the SVN repository, but the 3.12a itself should work.

Hope it helps!

Michele