Deploying on CentOS 5.3 and vmware server 2.0

Linuturk

Jul 24, 2009, 2:49:03 PM7/24/09
to vmsbackup
Does anyone have specific experiences deploying this script on CentOS
5.3?

I'd also like to know the dependencies required by the script. Does
vmware-tools need to be installed on each guest vm?

Michele Pensotti

Jul 28, 2009, 2:50:59 AM7/28/09
to vmsb...@googlegroups.com
Hello, at the moment I do not have any reports of usage with centos 5.3, I personally use it on centos 5.2.
I don't think 5.3 can be much different from 5.2, have you tried it yourself?
What problems have you encountered?

Let all of us know!

As for the vmware tools, I have guest that get backed up and don't have the tools installed; however, having the tools can be very useful so I'd suggest to install them anyway.

Goodbye

Michele