ESX Server 3.5 - Backup

Stevester

Aug 12, 2009, 8:58:34 PM8/12/09
to vmsbackup
Good Evening Everyone,

Would anyone happen to know if vmsbackup will work in an ESX Server
3.5 environment.

The ones i am aware of are

1) Veeam- commercial

2) ESXpress - commercial

3) ghettoVCB.sh- havent had much success. Doesnt work properly from a
CRON job.

4) VMWare Data Recovery - not working properly as many have attested

5) VMWare VCB - would like to try from a Windows environment

Thanks

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!!!!!!!

10nico

Aug 13, 2009, 3:45:08 AM8/13/09
to vmsbackup
vmsbackup? I don't really know, but I don't think so; but I didn't
develop the script and cannot be absolutely sure.

On the other hand, backup_vmware.sh (the script I developed) does not
support ESX Server.

As for the other options you've mentioned, I've never tried any of
them so I cannot tell.

Have a nice day,

Michele