To catch instructions running on VM

Darshan Tank

Dec 28, 2019, 9:29:41 AM12/28/19
to vmitools
Hello All,

We have set up one VM (Virtual Machine) (Ubuntu Desktop 16.04) on VMM (virtual-manager) running QEMU / KVM. We are using Ubuntu Desktop 16.04 as our HOST OS. We execute suspicious C language code on our guest VM. We want to trace/trap RDTSC & CLFLUSH instructions executed in the form of suspicious C language code on our guest VM. We would like to trace the instruction execution patterns (RDTSC -> CLFLUSH -> RDTSC) running on our guest VM from our HOST OS. Do we use " LibVMI " for the said task? How do we accomplish this task? We would greatly appreciate it if you kindly give us some feedback and share your views.

Thanks