Unmapped Pages

Benjamin Taubmann

Feb 19, 2018, 9:56:47 AM2/19/18
to vmitools
Hi,

I  have the problem that I need to access memory of a Linux Process that is not yet mapped to memory.
Thus, the translation from virtual to a physical address fails.

Is there already a way to inject a page fault to Xen? I saw that some years ago that Xen might want to provide such a thing.

Did anyone tried to inject an instruction that causes a page fault and make the Linux Kernel map it?

Thanks for your help!

Tamas K Lengyel

Feb 19, 2018, 10:21:42 AM2/19/18
to vmit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Benjamin,
you might want to dust off this patch:
https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-07/msg00307.html
I'm not sure why it wasn't merged at the end though.

Tamas