drakvuf halts vm

Muhammad Umair

Feb 5, 2018, 10:25:34 PM2/5/18
to vmitools
Hi,

I was checking out drakvuf and it looks like as soon as I execute drakvuf the VM halts. It only becomes reusable again once I exit drakvuf. I thought maybe the monitoring is too intensive, so I disabled all the plugins in drakvuf and recompiled it, and without even any plugins running, drakvuf just halts and renders the VM no longer useable till it is exited. Any insights on what might be going on here? Also i configured with "--enable-debug" with all plugins disabled, and running drakvuf did not throw any debug output as such however, it still halted the VM.

Using:

- Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS x86_64
- Latest drakvuf checked out from Git, xen 4.9, latest libvmi from Git etc.
- Windows 7 SP1 x86 VM
- xvnc4viewer for UI
- statically configured xenbr0 interface
- intel core i7 7500u processor
- 8GB (4*2) 1600MHZ memory

Config file is as follows:

arch = 'x86_64'
name = "win7"
maxmem = 3000
memory = 3000
vcpus = 2
maxcpus = 2
builder = "hvm"
boot = "cd"
hap = 1
acpi = 1
on_poweroff = "destroy"
on_reboot = "destroy"
on_crash = "destroy"
vnc=1
vnclisten="0.0.0.0"
usb = 1
usbdevice = "tablet"
altp2m = 2
shadow_memory = 16
audio=1
soundhw='hda'
vif = [ 'type=ioemu,model=e1000,bridge=xenbr0,mac=00:06:5B:BA:7C:01' ]
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/vg/windows7-sp1,hda,w', 'file:/home/path/iso.iso,hdc:cdrom,r' ]

Tamas K Lengyel

Feb 6, 2018, 10:36:53 AM2/6/18
to vmit...@googlegroups.com
Please open an issue for this on the drakvuf github page. Also post the full debug output when you try running it. Thanks!

Muhammad Umair

Feb 10, 2018, 9:47:16 AM2/10/18
to vmitools
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vmitools+u...@googlegroups.com.