Fwd: Stuck with windows offset identification to place in a libvmi config file on KVM Hypervisor

hema Abhijit

Jul 26, 2018, 10:59:42 AM7/26/18
to vmit...@googlegroups.com

Hello ,

I am a beginner in working with Virtual machines Introspection to extract the processes in KVM hypervisor (win8.1 Guest OS ) using Libvmi .I am using Ubuntu 16.04 as Host machine.

I have followed this blog to install Libvmi.

https://libvmi.wordpress.com/tag/kvm/

I have completed successfully installing Libvmi and done till this step

sudo make install

After this step, we have to create the libvmi.conf file.

 I got  struck at creating libvmi.conf file , to out windows  offset . I have tried the Read Me file mentioned in tools/windows-offset-finder.When i run the command I am getting no such file error

I have also tried according to doc attached to this mail below ,
When i run the first step from /examples dir in terminal,

./dump-memory WIN7DOMU2 abc.dd

My output
bash: ./dump-memory: No such file or directory

Can you please help me regarding this issue,please guide me through this.

Thank you.
Screenshot from 2018-07-26 19-41-03.png
Windows System set up using LIBVMI.docx

levi destin

Oct 6, 2021, 4:38:53 AM10/6/21
to vmitools
hi can you tell me how you created a windows guest from that wordpress