vmail to use "gvim" or other non-terminal vim command

Jason Corso

Nov 11, 2013, 12:26:24 PM11/11/13
to vmail...@googlegroups.com
First: thank you so much for writing this.  ...my e-life is now complete.

How do I change vmail to load in a graphical vim client like gvim/mvim instead of the terminal vim?  I presume this is a simple change somewhere, and I will look on my own if needed.  But, if it's already known and easy to change, this will save me more time.

Thanks
Jason

:wq

Jason Corso

Nov 11, 2013, 12:36:49 PM11/11/13
to vmail...@googlegroups.com
I should read the full documentation first!

Using Vmail with MacVim or gvim

To use MacVim as your Vmail Vim engine, run export VMAIL_VIM=mvim or export VMAIL_VIM=gvim before starting Vmail. Or put this command in your ~/.bash_profile.

Note that when Vmail uses MacVim or gvim, the terminal window in which you invoke Vmail will show Vmail's logging output while MacVim is running. To quit Vmail, first quit the MacVim window running Vmail, and then press CTRL-c in the original terminal window to stop the Vmail process.

- See more at: http://danielchoi.com/software/vmail.html#sthash.ZgnRVSPT.dpuf