Internet streaming of services

Krystriana Clark

Mar 12, 2020, 9:26:03 AM3/12/20
to vl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

With the virus scare, my church is looking into streaming.  Who is already doing this and what hardware/software/platforms are you using?

Thanks much,

Krys Clark
Verger
St. Matthew's Episcopal Church, Westerville, OH

Albie Bell

Mar 12, 2020, 9:31:38 AM3/12/20
to vl...@googlegroups.com
I am not sure about the hardware, but ours are streamed on Facebook.  There is a fancy camera on a tripod in the back of the church.

Groups "V-List" group.

The Vergers Voice blog has the latest news about the VGEC. Join us at news.vergers.org.

Follow the VGEC on:

http://vergers.org
http://news.vergers.org
http://facebook.com/vergerguild
http://youtube.com/vergertv

vlist+un...@googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/vlist?hl=en?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church V-List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vlist/CA%2BATS%3DRmHgoZdym0eUNdXm_DrT74CGf7no9FZEWrW3P9UiW-Dw%40mail.gmail.com.

Richard Smith

Mar 13, 2020, 10:06:00 AM3/13/20
to 'Andrew Morgret' via Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church V-List
Hello, Being all services are cancelled in the Diocese of VA and NC we are using Facebook Live, Youtube, and Zoom.  Only thing to be aware of is Facebook Live and Youtube will disable your feed if you have music.  The algorithms they use will think almost any music is copywrited and disable your feed in most cases.
We use a combination of iPhone, a regular video camera with mini usb output and Yetti Blue mics.

Rick Smith
St. James

Karen Ragland

Mar 13, 2020, 11:59:23 AM3/13/20
to vl...@googlegroups.com
Many of our churches are using Facebook; you don't have to be a Facebook subscriber to log in to the live streaming.

--
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness"--Galatians 5:22

Duke DuTeil

Mar 13, 2020, 12:08:09 PM3/13/20
to vl...@googlegroups.com
I set up and am using YouTube live. It’s free but take 24 hours to initially activate.

Claude "Duke" DuTeil
Vergers' Guild of the Episcopal Church
Training Advisor and Financial Secretary

Mobile - please excuse typos and autocorrect.

Krystriana Clark

Mar 16, 2020, 12:15:49 AM3/16/20
to Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church V-List
So this Sunday we did stream to facebook our 8 am service. Thanks all for your input!

Karen Ragland

Mar 16, 2020, 1:58:26 AM3/16/20
to vl...@googlegroups.com
We served a live "drive thru" Holy Communion. It was quite uplifting, in keeping with our "welcoming" ministry.  We were featured on three news broadcasts-ABC, NBC and Fox News--for having an alternative approach to Sunday service.
Karen Ragland, Lead Verger
The African Episcopal Church of St. Thomas
Philadelphia, PA

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 12:15 AM Krystriana Clark <kryst...@gmail.com> wrote:
So this Sunday we did stream to facebook our 8 am service.  Thanks all for your input!

Groups "V-List" group.

The Vergers Voice blog has the latest news about the VGEC. Join us at news.vergers.org.

Follow the VGEC on:

http://vergers.org
http://news.vergers.org
http://facebook.com/vergerguild
http://youtube.com/vergertv

vlist+un...@googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/vlist?hl=en?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church V-List" group.

Diane Strangis

Mar 16, 2020, 7:17:14 AM3/16/20
to vl...@googlegroups.com
We used Facebook Live for streaming our service. The austerity was quite Lenten. Several members reported watching the service from the National Cathedral. (It was heartening to see Verger’s in action.) Our children’s and youth formation classes met via Zoom. Going forward, the Vestry members have divided our parish list to check in and offer assistance as needed to every household. In addition, each ministry leader has been asked to contact their members in an effort to be sure no one is missed. Much peace, Diane Strangis
St. Philip’s
Durham, NC

Sent from my iPhone