Honorary Canon programs

13 переглядів
Перейти до першого непрочитаного повідомлення

Vergergc

не прочитано,
19 квіт. 2023 р., 13:17:2019.04.23
Кому: Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church V-List
Hi all - I'm wondering about churches, cathedrals or dioceses that have Honorary Canons. What are the criteria used around the church for awarding this designation? At Grace Cathedral, Topeka, we have a couple - both of them served many years, left a lasting impact and were loved and renowned for their commitment, perhaps even meritorious service. One was a layperson, an organist-choirmaster, and the other a long-serving deacon.

We are looking at possibly expanding this somewhat informal decision to a more structured approach. I'm familiar with the official / staff canon positions, but not so much the honorary sort.

I realize this may be a small number of list members with any involvement or awareness of such a program, but I thought it was worth asking here, since there is a wide cross-section of the church represented.

Faithfully,
Kent Wingerson, FVGEC
Grace Cathedral, Topeka
Відповісти всім