communion wine

Vergergc

Jul 19, 2023, 2:10:39 PM7/19/23
to Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church V-List
Friends,

Are there any churches using Golden Angelica instead of a red wine? I'm aware Grace in San Fran has used it for decades. Just wondered if any do in our little verger group.

Faithfully,
Kent Wingerson, FVGEC
Grace Cathedral, Topeka

Thomas Brewster

Jul 19, 2023, 3:45:26 PM7/19/23
to vl...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kent,

Golden Angelica is not used her at St. John's Boulder, CO.  We actually use a port and not the expensive stuff.

Tom Brewster
Groups "V-List" group.

The Vergers Voice blog has the latest news about the VGEC. Join us at news.vergers.org.

Follow the VGEC on:

http://vergers.org
http://news.vergers.org
http://facebook.com/vergerguild
http://youtube.com/vergertv

vlist+un...@googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/vlist?hl=en?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church V-List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vlist/1e8e132c-d01f-4d56-8e67-ed7bab4f884dn%40googlegroups.com.

Duke DuTeil

Jul 19, 2023, 4:24:21 PM7/19/23
to vl...@googlegroups.com
Nope, Taylor Tawny Port.

Claude "Duke" DuTeil
Vergers' Guild of the Episcopal Church
President

Mobile - please excuse typos and autocorrect.

On Jul 19, 2023, at 13:10, Vergergc <kkjdwi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Friends,

Thomas Brewster

Jul 19, 2023, 4:37:33 PM7/19/23
to vl...@googlegroups.com
Ah, a man after our own heart........Tom Brewster St. John's Boulder

Michael Porter

Jul 19, 2023, 4:49:00 PM7/19/23
to Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church V-List
Hello Kent,

Except for a short time where Christ Church Cathedral Indianapolis used a local winery's white wine (the plasma of Christ), they were using Fairbanks finest Tawny Port.  As far as I know, my current parish, St Margaret's Waxhaw, NC uses the same "fine" Tawny Port.  We used to say it was the finest Port you could buy $5 a bottle.

Michael Porter
St. Margaret's Waxhaw

Krystriana Clark

Jul 19, 2023, 5:49:32 PM7/19/23
to vl...@googlegroups.com
At the small church of St. Matthews in Ohio, we have always used Taylor Tawny Port.  Sadly, about a month ago we started running short.  I ended up buying 2 large bottles of Taylor's Port.  It is pretty much the same stuff but not as sweet.  Last Sunday was our first Sunday using it and I was bracing for some to notice and complain.  But, no one said a word.  Guess I dodged that bullet.

Krys Clark, FVGEC
St. Matthews Episcopal
Westerville, OH

Gary Leonard

Jul 19, 2023, 7:26:46 PM7/19/23
to vl...@googlegroups.com
We  have used Angelica for  decades here at All Saints Pasadena. It sure cuts down on the red wine stains.

Gary

Sent from my iPad...brevity and errors aided and abetted by the iPad

On Jul 19, 2023, at 11:10 AM, Vergergc <kkjdwi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Friends,

Katherine Pendzuk

Jul 19, 2023, 7:28:39 PM7/19/23
to vl...@googlegroups.com
At Grace, the Trinity Campus uses cream sherry and the St. Paul's Campus uses a port wine.

Walter Jones Jr

Jul 20, 2023, 3:55:22 PM7/20/23
to vl...@googlegroups.com
For many, many years we have used a white wine instead of red (not sure what it is?). Altar Guild got tired of trying to remove the red wine from the linens!
Cathedral in Orlando, St. Luke's, used to. I don't know if they still do?

Walter Jones Jr., VGECF
St. Gregory's Episcopal Church
Boca Raton FL

4740 S Ocean Blvd Apt 315
Highland Beach FL 33487
(813) 765-7247

Walter Jones Jr

Jul 20, 2023, 4:50:12 PM7/20/23
to vl...@googlegroups.com
The headmistress of our Altar Guild tells me it is Angelica  Altar Wine - Mont La Salle.

Walter Jones Jr., FVGEC

4740 S Ocean Blvd Apt 315
Highland Beach FL 33487
(813) 765-7247

Vergergc

Aug 2, 2023, 5:08:16 PM8/2/23
to Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church V-List
Thanks very much for the replies. We are still investigating our options.

Kent