"Event Coordinator" ????

1 view

Katherine Pendzuk

Oct 5, 2023, 4:30:07 PM10/5/23
to Pam Prindle, Vincent Jang, Nora Buckley, C. John Townsend, Yvonne O'Neal, Eric Petersen, Leonard Mackey, Vicki Mackey, Katherine Pendzuk, Denise Mead, Ritchard Taylor, Sandy Burrell, Irene Money, Peter Ennis, Ellie Lopez, Thomas Solieri, Richard Walther, Marcia Lauzon, Walt Roberts, Rich Lamlin, Pat Allen, Bill Cox, Bob Shelton, Louis Bannister, Sandra Ward, Karen Ragland, Walter Jones Jr, Bonnie Randall, Steve Tilson, Lisa Cumming, Andy Morgret, Jennie Garcia, Kati Garner, Eric Whitfield, Vyonne Carter-Johnson, Curt Paddock, Krystriana Clark, Diane Grondin, Vergers List

Hi Everyone,

Who and what title, at are your Church would be the "go between" or "go to person" for weddings and funerals if you have someone for the purpose of making sure everything is in place and done?
This would also include meeting any florists, caterers, etc.
If it is you the Verger, please let me know.

I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Best Regards,
Kate Pendzuk
Verger - Grace, Ossining

Bob Shelton

Oct 5, 2023, 4:34:00 PM10/5/23
to Katherine Pendzuk, Pam Prindle, Vincent Jang, Nora Buckley, C. John Townsend, Yvonne O'Neal, Eric Petersen, Leonard Mackey, Vicki Mackey, Denise Mead, Ritchard Taylor, Sandy Burrell, Irene Money, Peter Ennis, Ellie Lopez, Thomas Solieri, Richard Walther, Marcia Lauzon, Walt Roberts, Rich Lamlin, Pat Allen, Bill Cox, Louis Bannister, Sandra Ward, Karen Ragland, Walter Jones Jr, Bonnie Randall, Steve Tilson, Lisa Cumming, Andy Morgret, Jennie Garcia, Kati Garner, Eric Whitfield, Vyonne Carter-Johnson, Curt Paddock, Krystriana Clark, Diane Grondin, Vergers List
Our church Administrator manages those "projects"

Vyonne Carter-Johnson

Oct 5, 2023, 4:44:54 PM10/5/23
to vl...@googlegroups.com, Katherine Pendzuk, Pam Prindle, Vincent Jang, Nora Buckley, C. John Townsend, Yvonne O'Neal, Eric Petersen, Leonard Mackey, Vicki Mackey, Denise Mead, Ritchard Taylor, Sandy Burrell, Irene Money, Peter Ennis, Ellie Lopez, Thomas Solieri, Richard Walther, Marcia Lauzon, Walt Roberts, Rich Lamlin, Pat Allen, Bill Cox, Louis Bannister, Sandra Ward, Karen Ragland, Walter Jones Jr, Bonnie Randall, Steve Tilson, Lisa Cumming, Andy Morgret, Jennie Garcia, Kati Garner, Eric Whitfield, Curt Paddock, Krystriana Clark, Diane Grondin, Vergers List
Our church Administrator coordinates those "projects" with the various ministries that the event will need to make the event happen.   She makes the connections between the various ministries, Priest, Altar Guild (if needed), bulletins, receptions, etc.

Vyonne

Vyonne Carter-Johnson
Groups "V-List" group.

The Vergers Voice blog has the latest news about the VGEC. Join us at news.vergers.org.

Follow the VGEC on:

http://vergers.org
http://news.vergers.org
http://facebook.com/vergerguild
http://youtube.com/vergertv

vlist+un...@googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/vlist?hl=en?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church V-List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vlist/CAJxp%2Be5uvOYNzHKUfJbuUuY9RJVQjdGtATzypf0Fu-uyr6t-7A%40mail.gmail.com.

Walter Jones Jr

Oct 5, 2023, 6:48:42 PM10/5/23
to Katherine Pendzuk, Pam Prindle, Vincent Jang, Nora Buckley, C. John Townsend, Yvonne O'Neal, Eric Petersen, Leonard Mackey, Vicki Mackey, Denise Mead, Ritchard Taylor, Sandy Burrell, Irene Money, Peter Ennis, Ellie Lopez, Thomas Solieri, Richard Walther, Marcia Lauzon, Walt Roberts, Rich Lamlin, Pat Allen, Bill Cox, Bob Shelton, Louis Bannister, Sandra Ward, Karen Ragland, Bonnie Randall, Steve Tilson, Lisa Cumming, Andy Morgret, Jennie Garcia, Kati Garner, Eric Whitfield, Vyonne Carter-Johnson, Curt Paddock, Krystriana Clark, Diane Grondin, Vergers List
We have a Wedding Coordinator. This is part of the package when the contract is signed between the Wedding party and the church.

The Vergers are not involved at all - unless the family requests it.
I can't remember when a verger served at a wedding.

We often volunteer to serve for funerals.

Walter Jones Jr.
4740 S Ocean Blvd Apt 315
Highland Beach FL 33487
(813) 765-7247

Louis Bower-Bannister

Oct 5, 2023, 6:55:20 PM10/5/23
to Walter Jones Jr, Katherine Pendzuk, Pam Prindle, Vincent Jang, Nora Buckley, C. John Townsend, Yvonne O'Neal, Eric Petersen, Leonard Mackey, Vicki Mackey, Denise Mead, Ritchard Taylor, Sandy Burrell, Irene Money, Peter Ennis, Ellie Lopez, Thomas Solieri, Richard Walther, Marcia Lauzon, Walt Roberts, Rich Lamlin, Pat Allen, Bill Cox, Bob Shelton, Sandra Ward, Karen Ragland, Bonnie Randall, Steve Tilson, Lisa Cumming, Andy Morgret, Jennie Garcia, Kati Garner, Eric Whitfield, Vyonne Carter-Johnson, Curt Paddock, Krystriana Clark, Diane Grondin, Vergers List
At the Cathedral of All Saints, I am, as Verger, offered up for all weddings and funerals.  Some decide to take advantage of the “full experience” and other choose not to.

As the cathedral florist, I’m usually always involved in the above.

Otherwise, it’s the administrative staff.

Louis Bannister
Cathedral of All Saints

Sent from my iPhone

Dallas Hawkins

Oct 5, 2023, 6:57:46 PM10/5/23
to Vergers List
At my church it has been me for more than ten years.

Dallas Hawkins  FVGEC
Senior Verger
The Cathedral of St John the Evangelist
Spokane, WA
dallas.o...@gmail.com
(509) 218-7040 (New Cell)
(509) 242-1898 (Home)

___________________________________
And Also with you…

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain proprietary information intended for the sole use of the addressee. Any use, dissemination or disclosure of this communication, other  than by the sender, is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete or destroy this communication, along with all copies .

Katherine Pendzuk

Oct 5, 2023, 7:34:10 PM10/5/23
to Walter Jones Jr, Louis Bower-Bannister, Pam Prindle, Vincent Jang, Nora Buckley, C. John Townsend, Yvonne O'Neal, Eric Petersen, Leonard Mackey, Vicki Mackey, Denise Mead, Ritchard Taylor, Sandy Burrell, Irene Money, Peter Ennis, Ellie Lopez, Thomas Solieri, Richard Walther, Marcia Lauzon, Walt Roberts, Rich Lamlin, Pat Allen, Bill Cox, Bob Shelton, Sandra Ward, Karen Ragland, Bonnie Randall, Steve Tilson, Lisa Cumming, Andy Morgret, Jennie Garcia, Kati Garner, Eric Whitfield, Vyonne Carter-Johnson, Curt Paddock, Krystriana Clark, Diane Grondin, Vergers List
Hi Everyone,
I forgot to also include most weddings are on weekends.
So if the Parish Administrator is the contact person most of the time, is there someone on the day of the wedding to coordinate through to the  the final event?

Best Regards,
Kate Pendzuk
Verger - Grace, Ossining

Katherine Pendzuk

William Gleason

Oct 5, 2023, 11:06:43 PM10/5/23
to vl...@googlegroups.com
The SACRISTAN (a paid full-time staff position) at The Cathedral of St John in the Wilderness in Denver CO is the point of contact for all Weddings and Funerals at St John's. He/She coordinates between Family, and the Clergy Staff and the Volunteer Vergers/Acolytes for all such services and participants as needed, whether very large or small weddings/funerals in the main church or the small St Martins chapel.

Bill
William Hooper Gleason
3791 Depew St - Unit D
Wheat Ridge CO  80212-7189

Mobile:        615.812.9440
Email:          verge...@gmail.com

Groups "V-List" group.

The Vergers Voice blog has the latest news about the VGEC. Join us at news.vergers.org.

Follow the VGEC on:

http://vergers.org
http://news.vergers.org
http://facebook.com/vergerguild
http://youtube.com/vergertv

vlist+un...@googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/vlist?hl=en?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church V-List" group.

Gary Leonard

Oct 5, 2023, 11:30:34 PM10/5/23
to vl...@googlegroups.com, to...@pacbell.net
At All Saints Pasadena we have a wedding coordinator. If they want their chancel flowers left for Sunday, I have to do them (I am the church florist), other wise they can bring their own flowers in from any company as long as they clear what they want to do with us first. Memorials and receptions are handled by another staff person.

Gary Leonard
Head /Lead Verger

Karen Ragland

Oct 6, 2023, 7:28:33 AM10/6/23
to Katherine Pendzuk, Pam Prindle, Vincent Jang, Nora Buckley, C. John Townsend, Yvonne O'Neal, Eric Petersen, Leonard Mackey, Vicki Mackey, Denise Mead, Ritchard Taylor, Sandy Burrell, Irene Money, Peter Ennis, Ellie Lopez, Thomas Solieri, Richard Walther, Marcia Lauzon, Walt Roberts, Rich Lamlin, Pat Allen, Bill Cox, Bob Shelton, Louis Bannister, Sandra Ward, Walter Jones Jr, Bonnie Randall, Steve Tilson, Lisa Cumming, Andy Morgret, Jennie Garcia, Kati Garner, Eric Whitfield, Vyonne Carter-Johnson, Curt Paddock, Krystriana Clark, Diane Grondin, Vergers List
Our Altar Guild handles most of these tasks.  Funerals are coordinated with the Rector and most weddings, especially for non-parishioners are generally coordinated with the couples' wedding coordinator.
Peace, Karen

Karen Ragland
Verger for the African Episcopal Church of St. Thomas
Philadelphia, PA

--
Father God, Thank You that You are the Great Shepherd of the sheep and You are my Good Shepherd in Whom I trust. Keep me I pray from all dangers that stalk my path and may I find true comfort and protection, provision and peace in You, to my life's end--in Jesus name I pray, AMEN

Sister Mary Winifred

Dallas Hawkins

Oct 6, 2023, 1:15:36 PM10/6/23
to vl...@googlegroups.com, Katherine Pendzuk, Pam Prindle, Vincent Jang, Nora Buckley, C. John Townsend, Yvonne O'Neal, Eric Petersen, Leonard Mackey, Vicki Mackey, Denise Mead, Ritchard Taylor, Sandy Burrell, Irene Money, Peter Ennis, Ellie Lopez, Thomas Solieri, Richard Walther, Marcia Lauzon, Walt Roberts, Rich Lamlin, Pat Allen, Bill Cox, Bob Shelton, Louis Bannister, Sandra Ward, Walter Jones Jr, Bonnie Randall, Steve Tilson, Lisa Cumming, Andy Morgret, Jennie Garcia, Kati Garner, Eric Whitfield, Vyonne Carter-Johnson, Curt Paddock, Krystriana Clark, Diane Grondin
Kate and all:
Our church does have a wedding coordinator.

For diocesan convention and other events of this sort, a team is set up that usually includes me as Head Verger.

Dallas Hawkins
Sent from my iPhone
This correspondence is personal and proprietary  and may contain confidential information  intended solely for the recipient(s) listed in the “TO” line. Do not forward, copy or disseminate this correspondence to others without the express consent of the author.