Verge "nameplate"

Vergergc

Sep 21, 2021, 3:15:22 PM9/21/21
to Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church V-List
Hi all,

I'm aware of "gavel bands" for presentation engraving, etc. They are shaped to fit a circle and stay attached to the neck of a wooden gavel, and look attractive.

Is there something comparable for attaching to a verge stem, up towards the top (business end) of the wood verge pole? I guess a trophy/awards shop would be able to engrave on this small band the diameter of your thumb, although I don't know how they do it.

Any feedback out there?

Faithfully,
Kent Wingerson, FVGEC
Grace Cathedral, Topeka

duked...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2021, 3:37:52 PM9/21/21
to vl...@googlegroups.com

There was a time, a long time ago, in the early day of  Bill Gleason running the Guild Shop that

Greetings Duke,

I am delighted that you have registered for the 2021 Virtual Annual Conference!  This email contains the zoom information/links you will need to attend the various sessions of the conference.  Note that each session has a unique zoom link.

Friday, 24 Sept 2021
4:00pm PDT, 7:00pm EDT
Welcome
Evening Prayer
Breakout Rooms (Socializing)

Zoom Meeting Link
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/87438191159

Dial into the meeting by phone
+1 (346) 248-7799
Meeting ID: 874 3819 1159

Friday, 24 Sept 2021
6:00pm PDT, 9:00pm EDT
St. Mark’s Compline behind the scenes (video)
Compline (St. Mark’s)

Zoom Meeting Link
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/86525158709

Dial into the meeting by phone
+1 (346) 248-7799
Meeting ID: 865 2515 8709

Saturday, 25 Sept 2021
8:00am PDT, 11:00am EDT
Welcome
Morning Prayer
Keynote Speaker (James Farwell)

Zoom Meeting Link
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/82312393259

Dial into the meeting by phone
+1 (346) 248-7799
Meeting ID: 823 1239 3259

Saturday, 25 Sept 2021
10:00am PDT, 1:00pm EDT
Breakout Rooms
Verger 101
Vergers serving solo at a congregation
Vergers at large congregations with multiple Vergers
Procession only Vergers
A/V Vergers
Full Time Vergers
Behind the scenes Vergers/Sacristans
Vergers not currently serving

Zoom Meeting Link
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84551454647

Dial into the meeting by phone
+1 (346) 248-7799
Meeting ID: 845 5145 4647

Saturday, 25 Sept 2021
12:30pm PDT, 3:30pm EDT
Business Meeting
President’s address
Committee Reports
New Fellows
New Chapter Recognition
Necrology
2022 Conference Announcement
Election Results
Noon Day (early evening prayer)

Zoom Meeting Link
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/86116433875

Dial into the meeting by phone
+1 (346) 248-7799
Meeting ID: 861 1643 3875

Sunday, 26 Sept 2021
11:00am PDT, 2:00pm EDT
Livestream worship at St. Mark’s Cathedral
Vergers in procession

Worship Service Link
https://vimeo.com/event/767345

Grab your coffee cup and join us!!

Duke DuTeil
President
Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church
PO Box 280
Round Rock, TX 78680-0280
615.873.0855
www.vergers.org
Follow us on FaceBook: facebook.com/vergerguild
The Vergers TV: https://www.youtube.com/VergerTV

Duke DuTeil
President
Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church
PO Box 280
Round Rock, TX 78680-0280
615.873.0855
www.vergers.org
Follow us on FaceBook: facebook.com/vergerguild
The Verger's Voice Blog: vergersvoice.org

Groups "V-List" group.

The Vergers Voice blog has the latest news about the VGEC. Join us at news.vergers.org.

Follow the VGEC on:

http://vergers.org
http://news.vergers.org
http://facebook.com/vergerguild
http://youtube.com/vergertv

vlist+un...@googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/vlist?hl=en?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church V-List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vlist/a44c0f5f-19da-4203-8282-a9305f611890n%40googlegroups.com.

image001.jpg

William Gleason

Sep 21, 2021, 4:26:37 PM9/21/21
to vl...@googlegroups.com
duke is right. -  in the early days of the training course and presenting The Virge to those that completed the course, there was a small plaque with name, church, and completion date that wrapped around the top of the virge below the finial. they were made, engraved, and screwed on by a local trophy shop.
Bill
William Hooper Gleason
3791 Depew St - Unit D
Wheat Ridge CO  80212-7189

Mobile:        615.812.9440
Email:          bi...@vergers.org

borea...@aol.com

Sep 23, 2021, 11:22:18 AM9/23/21
to vl...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I was one of the honored recipients... It's nice to have that commemoration.
June Harper