Re: [V-List] Digest for vlist@googlegroups.com - 8 updates in 1 topic

Cathy Kennedy

Mar 4, 2020, 10:59:34 AM3/4/20
to vl...@googlegroups.com
We use Rotunda MSP.  It handles all different schedule types and flavors. Servers manage their own sub requests through the app and don’t get scheduled when they ‘can’t’ serve in the first place (without us having to contact them. )

 It’s not too expensive.  If you decide you need help with it (getting started, etc). We can schedule a call with our admin.

Cathy Kennedy
615-400-1687
Church of the Good Shepherd, Brentwood, TN
Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 4, 2020, at 9:39 AM, vl...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Vergergc <kkjdwi...@gmail.com>: Mar 03 10:57AM -0800

Hi all - we have a new PC at the church and Windows 10 will not play nice
with Joe Nutzi's Ministry Scheduler. I have used this for scheduling of
Eucharistic Ministers 3 month at a time.... what are you using for this? We
are aware of the big outfit also called Ministry Scheduler, but I wanted to
hear of any other possibilities.

Thanks!
Kent Wingerson, FVGEC
Grace Cathedral, Topeka
Richard Lammlin <rfl...@gmail.com>: Mar 03 02:51PM -0500

Kent: I just do it myself. I looked at one of those last year and I have just too many variables that the scheduler can’t anticipate. I also schedule three months in advance and it’s posted online on our website. Occasionally some of them actually look at it and make changes. This week has been a nightmare.

Rich

Sent from my RFL ipadpro
59 Old Post Rd Unit H2
Clinton, CT 06413
860 578 5837

Diane Strangis <dianes...@gmail.com>: Mar 03 03:46PM -0500

We use Rotunda’s Ministry Scheduler Pro. The support from their team has been outstanding.
Diane Strangis, Head Verger, St. Philip’s Durham, NC

Sent from my iPhone

Thomas Brewster <brewster...@aol.com>: Mar 03 04:03PM -0700

I gave up Kent with Doodles and have been scheduling the old fashion way, paper and pencil. If anyone has an app please let us know.

Tom

Thomas C. Brewster, PhD
An opportunity to serve comes by rarely, do not miss it.

Sent from my iPhone

Richard Smith <rick...@me.com>: Mar 03 07:34PM -0500

Evening, I found a good database built in Access works great and absolutely no monthly maintenance costs. If your not good with a database a spreadsheet works wonders and all kinds of scheduling templates are available online. Save your money the scheduling software you buy is nothing more than a database with a fancy menu interface all which can be made in Access and for the most part in Excel.
A church I’m associated with in Richmond runs 134 volunteers on a 3 month schedule, 8 people per service, 4 services every Sunday plus 4 weekday services including substitutes all in Excel for the past 10 years. They are getting ready to go completely free with Google doc’s. And I do like the old tried and true paper and pencil 😀

Rick Smith
Senior Verger,
St. James

R. Smith, Sent from my iPad

Andrew Morgret <andy...@aol.com>: Mar 04 12:49PM

I make use of Microsoft EXCEL.
At St. John's in Memphis we schedule by Quarters.  Right now I am just before working with April May and June.  I make use of two sheets.  One has the actual schedule complete with the Sunday Lectionary; the other is a "line up" of Lectors, EMs, and Vergers.  When they tell me they are not available at certain times I give them a "N/A" for that Sunday and do not schedule them. Then I will sit down and "XX" folks for the Sundays I will use them.
There are three services at St. John's on Sunday.  I schedule the 8:00 a.m. (two EMs) and 5:30 p.m. (one EM) services first; then I "N/A" them out of the 10:30 service to keep from scheduling them twice on one Sunday.  Then I will go through the main service where I need a Lector, a 2nd Lesson EM, three other EMs, and a Verger.
Once I am done, I will move things to the actual Schedule and complete it for the Church to send it out via E-Mail.  I leave about a half dozen or so copies of the Schedule in the Sacristy for our confirmed snail mail users.
This is my third church for scheduling and things appear to work quite well.
Andrew Morgret, VergerSt. John's Episcopal ChurchMemphis, TN

On Mar 3, 2020, at 11:57 AM, Vergergc <kkjdwi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all - we have a new PC at the church and Windows 10 will not play nice with Joe Nutzi's Ministry Scheduler. I have used this for scheduling of Eucharistic Ministers 3 month at a time.... what are you using for this? We are aware of the big outfit also called Ministry Scheduler, but I wanted to hear of any other possibilities.
Thanks!Kent Wingerson, FVGECGrace Cathedral, Topeka--
Groups "V-List" group.

The Vergers Voice blog has the latest news about the VGEC. Join us at news.vergers.org.

Follow the VGEC on:

http://vergers.org
http://news.vergers.org
http://facebook.com/vergerguild
http://youtube.com/vergertv

vlist+un...@googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/vlist?hl=en?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church V-List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vlist/e70e2e24-2ce5-4ade-b21e-59ea1a6fe2d5%40googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vlist/0D878A62-BE46-4883-812D-327CBBE78D73%40aol.com.
Groups "V-List" group.

The Vergers Voice blog has the latest news about the VGEC. Join us at news.vergers.org.

Follow the VGEC on:

http://vergers.org
http://news.vergers.org
http://facebook.com/vergerguild
http://youtube.com/vergertv

vlist+un...@googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/vlist?hl=en?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church V-List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vlist/C41C2AD0-49BF-479B-BC14-335D6B0B09D9%40me.com.
Albie Bell <ahb...@gmail.com>: Mar 04 06:15AM -0700

We use Ministry Scheduler Pro. It covers all of our needs for a large
parish running 4 services a week, with about 40 volunteers at each counting
everyone. It can be a bit technical, but once all the little details are
captured about your specific needs it makes life much easier for the
scheduler. Depending on the computer savviness of the volunteers, getting
all volunteers trained can be a long process.

MSP has great support as a company, including their own Google group like
this for asking questions to other users.

The commination tools that are in MSP are really helpful for getting
messages to volunteers.

It is well worth the look for evaluation.

Albie Bell
Verger & Acolyte Trainer
Christ Church Cranbrook

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020, 5:35 PM 'Richard Smith' via Vergers Guild of the
Krystriana Clark <kryst...@gmail.com>: Mar 04 09:20AM -0500

Our church uses just a good old fashioned spreadsheet. But my guess is
that we are smaller than you.

Pax,
Krys Clark
Verger
St. Matthew's Episcopal Church, Westerville Ohio.