Gospel Book Cover

Katherine Pendzuk

Mar 6, 2022, 10:33:21 PM3/6/22
to Vergers List
Hi Everyone,
If you have a Gospel Book cover, what do you use as a Gospel Book cover during Lent.  Do you take it off, leave it on or have a different cover for Lent.
Ours is usually got a brass cover over the red book and ours is left on regardless of the season of the year.

Best Regards,
Kate Pendzuk
Verger - Grace, Ossining

Louis Bower-Bannister

Mar 6, 2022, 10:46:10 PM3/6/22
to vl...@googlegroups.com
Our Gospel Book stays covered with its brass cover.

Cathedral of All Saints
Albany, New York

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 6, 2022, at 10:33 PM, 'Katherine Pendzuk' via Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church V-List <vl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Groups "V-List" group.

The Vergers Voice blog has the latest news about the VGEC. Join us at news.vergers.org.

Follow the VGEC on:

http://vergers.org
http://news.vergers.org
http://facebook.com/vergerguild
http://youtube.com/vergertv

vlist+un...@googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/vlist?hl=en?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church V-List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vlist/2007919829.895710.1646623997372%40mail.yahoo.com.

Darin Herndon

Mar 6, 2022, 10:53:10 PM3/6/22
to vl...@googlegroups.com
I’ve never seen one but… it would be relatively simple to make a book cover out of an appropriately colored fabric or even sack cloth.  Elementary school students used to make them for text books and the pattern is simple.  Would avoid having to remove a cover if removing the cover could risk damage to the book.

But, when I was actively a verger, we removed our cover and used the book without a cover.

Respectfully,

Darin K. Herndon

On Mar 6, 2022, at 9:46 PM, Louis Bower-Bannister <lbowerb...@gmail.com> wrote:

Our Gospel Book stays covered with its brass cover.

Andrew Morgret

Mar 7, 2022, 5:02:39 PM3/7/22
to vl...@googlegroups.com
At St. John's - Memphis we usually take off the Brass Cover during Lent.

Andrew Morgret

Tom Brewster

Mar 7, 2022, 6:08:50 PM3/7/22
to vl...@googlegroups.com