Back to basics

Sandy Burrell

Jul 29, 2019, 6:54:31 AM7/29/19
to Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church V-List
Greetings everyone. This past Sunday was pretty much back to basics that morning. In recent years we went from using prayer and hymnal books to reading everything off the screens. However following the recent funeral there were problems with the screens that morning. That meant actually pulling out the books to follow the service. With that Altar Serving was more of a factor that morning handling books more often outside of the Eucharist. Glad I never lost the attention to detail that my mentors tried to teach me. Also got to see my former Rector this month. He visited our church recently. These days he's an Archdeacon. It was because of him that I became a verger. I will always be grateful for the trust he had in believing I could carry on additional duties. He commended what I've been doing and offered congrats on my book. I told him about at the time an upcoming tv interview for the book. I landed an interview on Preach the Word Network's "Books of the Month" show. For those of you that want to see the show its found here: https://media.preachthewordtv.com/show?vg=515a74f573&vt=1&ch=4c7bc1ce07

Sandy Burrell
Acolyte Verger
St. Luke's Bronx, NY
 "…came not to be served but to serve…"
(Mark 10:45)

Official Website for my book:

Read the article about my book:

Press Release for my book:

Bid Drake

Jul 29, 2019, 2:16:01 PM7/29/19
to vl...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations Sandy!!!

Groups "V-List" group.

The Vergers Voice blog has the latest news about the VGEC. Join us at news.vergers.org.

Follow the VGEC on:

http://vergers.org
http://news.vergers.org
http://facebook.com/vergerguild
http://youtube.com/vergertv

vlist+un...@googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/vlist?hl=en?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church V-List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vlist/2029014649.2351620.1564397666930%40mail.yahoo.com.

Sandy Burrell

Jul 31, 2019, 6:50:50 AM7/31/19
to vl...@googlegroups.com