Advent Altar Hangings

Katherine Pendzuk

Nov 1, 2023, 10:02:58 PM11/1/23
to Pam Prindle, Vincent Jang, Nora Buckley, C. John Townsend, Yvonne O'Neal, Eric Petersen, Leonard Mackey, Vicki Mackey, Katherine Pendzuk, Denise Mead, Ritchard Taylor, Sandy Burrell, Irene Money, Peter Ennis, Ellie Lopez, Thomas Solieri, Richard Walther, Marcia Lauzon, Walt Roberts, Rich Lamlin, Pat Allen, Bill Cox, Bob Shelton, Louis Bannister, Sandra Ward, Karen Ragland, Walter Jones Jr, Bonnie Randall, Steve Tilson, Lisa Cumming, Andy Morgret, Jennie Garcia, Kati Garner, Eric Whitfield, Vyonne Carter-Johnson, Curt Paddock, Krystriana Clark, Diane Grondin, Vergers List
Hi Everyone,

Who uses purple versus blue for advent (hangings and vestments)?

Thank you in advance.  I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Best Regards,

Kate Pendzuk, Verger
Grace Episcopal Church, Ossining

Vyonne Carter-Johnson

Nov 1, 2023, 10:05:45 PM11/1/23
to vl...@googlegroups.com, Pam Prindle, Vincent Jang, Nora Buckley, C. John Townsend, Yvonne O'Neal, Eric Petersen, Leonard Mackey, Vicki Mackey, Katherine Pendzuk, Denise Mead, Ritchard Taylor, Sandy Burrell, Irene Money, Peter Ennis, Ellie Lopez, Thomas Solieri, Richard Walther, Marcia Lauzon, Walt Roberts, Rich Lamlin, Pat Allen, Bill Cox, Bob Shelton, Louis Bannister, Sandra Ward, Karen Ragland, Walter Jones Jr, Bonnie Randall, Steve Tilson, Lisa Cumming, Andy Morgret, Jennie Garcia, Kati Garner, Eric Whitfield, Curt Paddock, Krystriana Clark, Diane Grondin
We at Grace, Houston use purple for advent (hangings, vestments, and candles).

Groups "V-List" group.

The Vergers Voice blog has the latest news about the VGEC. Join us at news.vergers.org.

Follow the VGEC on:

http://vergers.org
http://news.vergers.org
http://facebook.com/vergerguild
http://youtube.com/vergertv

vlist+un...@googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/vlist?hl=en?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church V-List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vlist/362212129.2135273.1698890567579%40mail.yahoo.com.

Louis Bower-Bannister

Nov 1, 2023, 10:13:50 PM11/1/23
to Vicki Mackey, Katherine Pendzuk, Pam Prindle, Vincent Jang, Nora Buckley, C. John Townsend, Yvonne O'Neal, Eric Petersen, Leonard Mackey, Denise Mead, Ritchard Taylor, Sandy Burrell, Irene Money, Peter Ennis, Ellie Lopez, Thomas Solieri, Richard Walther, Marcia Lauzon, Walt Roberts, Rich Lamlin, Pat Allen, Bill Cox, Bob Shelton, Sandra Ward, Karen Ragland, Walter Jones Jr, Bonnie Randall, Steve Tilson, Lisa Cumming, Andy Morgret, Jennie Garcia, Kati Garner, Eric Whitfield, Vyonne Carter-Johnson, Curt Paddock, Krystriana Clark, Diane Grondin, Vergers List
Purple is used at the Cathedral of All Saints in Albany for advent. We have Lenten array for Lent.

Louis Bannister
Cathedral of All Saints

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 1, 2023, at 10:12 PM, Vicki Mackey <mack...@yahoo.com> wrote:

 We use Blue for Advent and Purple for Lent at St. Philip’s, Harrodsburg, Ky.

Eileen Brightwell

Nov 1, 2023, 10:21:55 PM11/1/23
to VGEC, Pam Prindle, Vincent Jang, Nora Buckley, C. John Townsend, Yvonne O'Neal, Eric Petersen, Leonard Mackey, Vicki Mackey, Katherine Pendzuk, Denise Mead, Ritchard Taylor, Sandy Burrell, Irene Money, Peter Ennis, Ellie Lopez, Thomas Solieri, Richard Walther, Marcia Lauzon, Walt Roberts, Rich Lamlin, Pat Allen, Bill Cox, Bob Shelton, Louis Bannister, Sandra Ward, Karen Ragland, Walter Jones Jr, Bonnie Randall, Steve Tilson, Lisa Cumming, Andy Morgret, Jennie Garcia, Kati Garner, Eric Whitfield, Curt Paddock, Krystriana Clark, Diane Grondin
At Trinity Baytown TX we have a lovely blue set including a cope.

Eileen Hicks

Bonnie Lloyd-Downs

Nov 2, 2023, 9:06:54 AM11/2/23
to vl...@googlegroups.com
At St. Peter's in Columbia, TN---we use purple for all vestments and hangings.
Bonnie+

--
Be joyful in the Lord, all you lands;
serve the Lord with gladness

Rev. Bonnie Lloyd-Downs
Deacon
St. Peter's Episcopal Church
311 W, 7th Street
Columbia, Tennessee, 38401

Marcia Lauzon

Nov 2, 2023, 2:33:42 PM11/2/23
to Katherine Pendzuk, Pam Prindle, Vincent Jang, Nora Buckley, C. John Townsend, Yvonne O'Neal, Eric Petersen, Leonard Mackey, Vicki Mackey, Denise Mead, Ritchard Taylor, Sandy Burrell, Irene Money, Peter Ennis, Ellie Lopez, Thomas Solieri, Richard Walther, Walt Roberts, Rich Lamlin, Pat Allen, Bill Cox, Bob Shelton, Louis Bannister, Sandra Ward, Karen Ragland, Walter Jones Jr, Bonnie Randall, Steve Tilson, Lisa Cumming, Andy Morgret, Jennie Garcia, Kati Garner, Eric Whitfield, Vyonne Carter-Johnson, Curt Paddock, Krystriana Clark, Diane Grondin, Vergers List
My current (tiny) parish uses purple for everything.
My former (larger) parish was gifted with a blue set sometime in the early 90s, including a cope, but somehow, no frontal.  We did without a frontal during Advent.  We had no deacon at the time of that gift, so when I was ordained I provided the matching deacons' stole, which is still there, though I am not.
Marcia

--
Rev. Marcia Lauzon, FVGEC
Deacon, St. Paul's Episcopal Church

Walter Jones Jr

Nov 2, 2023, 11:42:52 PM11/2/23
to Vergers List
Blue
St. Gregory's
Boca Raton FL

Walter Jones Jr.
4740 S Ocean Blvd Apt 315
Highland Beach FL 33487
(813) 765-7247

Vergergc

Nov 3, 2023, 2:43:52 PM11/3/23
to Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church V-List
We use Blue (since mid-90s) for Advent... candles, stoles, chasuble, frontals, and cope.

Kent Wingerson, FVGEC
Grace Cathedral, Topeka