TIW error block ascii file importation

Bruno

Oct 5, 2007, 8:27:24 AM10/5/07
to VizSWAT
Dear all,
I got an error when importing an ascii file with the TIW:
[**ERROR**'cms' is not a valid floating point value] (as I tried to
set the units to cms).

Here is the format of the file (Year, Month, cms, cms, cms,cms):
Year,Month,06ff34xx,06ff14xx,06ff35xx,06ff15xx
1991,1,1.60,3.05,3.65,5.03
1991,2,0.85,2.55,2.30,3.70
1991,3,1.38,3.10,3.90,4.95
1991,4,1.27,2.63,3.20,4.42
1991,5,1.10,2.45,3.15,5.58

Since I got this error, each time I try to open an ascii file I get
the error report message box instead of the TIW. I unsuccessfully
changed the extension of the file, and restarted the computer.

Any way to fix this problem ?

Tanks in advance, Bruno

R. Srinivasan

Oct 5, 2007, 10:08:14 AM10/5/07
to Bruno, VizSWAT
Make sure you skip the first header rows while importing.

If you check the box during the first time of import TIW remembers
the file. The only way to change its behavior is to create a new file
like in notepad with new extension and cut and paste the data, not
just rename it.

Hope this helps.

Srini