error in text data import in VIZSWAT

Sanjiv Kumar

Aug 8, 2007, 4:24:02 PM8/8/07
to viz...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I am trying to import text files in the VIZSWAT. But it never finishes. Attached in the two slides on the error i am getting while impoting the text file through TIW in VIZSWAT.

I have one more question: Is there any user manual for VIZSWAT. If so where is it available.

Finally: VIZSWAT is really a very good software for analyzing the SWAT output.

Thanks
Sanjiv
txtdataimporterror.ppt

Bruno

Aug 9, 2007, 1:15:52 AM8/9/07
to VizSWAT
Hi Sanjiv,
I cannot answer your first question, but for the second you probably
have the user manual in your VizSWAT installation directory (in my
case D:\Program Files\SWAT\VIZSWAT\Manuals).
Cheers, Bruno

> txtdataimporterror.ppt
> 205KDownload

Sanjiv Kumar

Aug 11, 2007, 8:21:42 PM8/11/07
to R. Srinivasan, viz...@googlegroups.com
Finally, i was able to resolve the text data import issue in the VIZSWAT.

One of the problem was with date format. While default date foramt is "yyyy/mm/dd" is there in vizswat but date was in my data set was "mm/dd/yyyy" format. So i need to change the date format in the TIW of vizswat. See the attached slides.

Thanks for all your help.

regards
Sanjiv

On 8/9/07, Sanjiv Kumar <sanjivc...@gmail.com> wrote:
I will give one more try, if i am not getting, i will certainly call you.

Thanks
Sanjiv

On 8/8/07, R. Srinivasan <r-srin...@tamu.edu > wrote:
nothing wrong with the input files...when importing make sure to select the column and specify what type of format it is...like date, number etc...if you still have problem we may able to chat over the phone.

At 04:51 PM 8/8/2007, you wrote:
Dr. Sirinivasan,

I did have the access to tutorial (through VIZ SWAT user group upload), but not user manual  . Now looked into the installation directory, i got the user manual also.

Since i do not do the installation part (it is being done by PC administrator), so generally i do not see the installation directory. Any way it was my fault, not to see the installation directory.

Did you find any solution for text import, or whether my importing method was wrong?

Once again thanks for your help.

Sanjiv

On 8/8/07, R. Srinivasan < r-srin...@tamu.edu> wrote:
It is very straight forward, give me a call at 9798455069 to walk you through
also under vizswat installation there is a manual directory with both help files and tutorials in pdfs

At 03:46 PM 8/8/2007, you wrote:
Dr. Srinivasan,

Thanks for your help. Here is the txt file attached.

Sanjiv

not sure what is wrong with it...send me your text file to play with