VIVO Solr Error

Rodrigo Villagran

Apr 5, 2023, 11:01:44 AM4/5/23
to VIVO Tech
Hello,

I am installing VIVO from the Docker image, and when I run the program, it gives me this error:

VIVO.png

Dragan Ivanovic

Apr 6, 2023, 3:47:55 AM4/6/23
to vivo...@googlegroups.com

Dear Rodrigo,

Thank you for your email  and for expressing interest for VIVO. Can you provide more details about the steps you performed before you got this error? Which Docker image you are running? The question is whether Docker image is also running Solr or it is running only tomcat server with VIVO. Anyway, I will send to you invitation to join VIVO slack. I believe we can resolve your issue more efficiently there.

Regards,

Dragan Ivanovic

the VIVO tech lead

Rodrigo Villagran

Apr 7, 2023, 3:06:05 AM4/7/23
to vivo...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dragan,

Thank you for your response. I followed these steps to install VIVO using the Docker images:

The environment is Almalinux 9. From the terminal, pull the docker images from https://hub.docker.com/u/vivoweb

  1. docker pull vivoweb/vivo:latest
  2. docker pull vivoweb/vivo-solr:latest
Then, I followed the instructions on this website (https://github.com/vivo-project/VIVO) to build and run VIVO from the Docker image:

      1. docker build -t vivoweb/vivo:latest .docker run -p 8080:8080 vivoweb/vivo:latest
      2. docker run -p 8983:8983 vivoweb/vivo-solr:latest

So, Tomcat was started on localhost:8080, and then I received the Solr error message.

Regards,
Rodrigo.

ps, I'm already registered on VIVO's Slack.

Dragan Ivanovic

Apr 7, 2023, 3:11:11 AM4/7/23
to vivo...@googlegroups.com

Dear Rodrigo,

It looks to me it should be run in the reverse order, meaning firstly vivo-solr should be run, and then vivo. Can you please try to run docker images in the reverse order and inform me if that is working? Thanks!

Regards,

Dragan Ivanovic

Rodrigo Villagran

Apr 11, 2023, 4:29:48 AM4/11/23
to vivo...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dragan,

I tried running the docker images in reverse order, first Solr and then Vivo, but the error persists.

Just a detail, the Solr URL (in the image) have a '#' symbol? Is this ok?"...

Thank you!

solrrunning.png