ORCID API-Disable

Arif

Sep 26, 2022, 2:00:16 AM9/26/22
to VIVO Tech
Dear Team,

How to disable the ORCID confirmation and API, try to act just like Scopus.

Thanks,
Arif

Benjamin Gross

Sep 26, 2022, 10:55:09 AM9/26/22
to vivo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Arif,

Unfortunately I don’t think there’s an easy way to allow manual editing through the UI for ORCIDs built into VIVO. There are two options I can think of:

1. Disable manual editing, load ORCID triples as admin. The triples required are:

If the ORCID is ‘confirmed’ you can add this triple as well: <https://orcid.org/1234-5678-9012-3456> <http://vivoweb.org/ontology/core#confirmedOrcidId> <http://person-uri> .

2. Create a local ‘ORCID’ property. Just create a new data property in your local ontology. You can copy the template logic used for DOIs if you want to link out to ORCID.

It would be nice if the built in ORCID integration was bypassed if ORCID credentials aren’t added to runtime.properties. Perhaps something to look at for the next version.

Benjamin

_____________________________
Benjamin Gross
API Product Manager, Science Group

Clarivate
clarivate.com
Accelerating innovation

Confidentiality note: This e-mail may contain confidential information from Clarivate. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete this e-mail and notify the sender immediately.

Arif

Sep 27, 2022, 7:29:30 AM9/27/22
to VIVO Tech
Thank you, Benjamin,

I am new to this software. How can we load ORCID triples as admin?
I have the API and I configure the API in runtime.properties. and as the editor, I am able to put the ORCID ID in the profile of the scholar. Now, After I enter the ORCID ID, it is showing the Pending Confirmation. So, my question is who will approve this confirmation? IS there, anyway we can remove this setup for ORCID confirmation?