Upgrade log4j version?

gm4rtin

Oct 4, 2023, 6:40:40 PM10/4/23
to VIVO Tech
What are the upgrade options and process for log4j 1.2.17 on a VIVO 1.13 installation?  Log4j 1.2.17 is EOL and is being flagged by our vulnerability scanner at "<tomcat>/webapps/vivo/WEB-INF/lib/log4j-1.2.17.jar" and in the build directories.  Thanks in advance.

Dragan Ivanovic

Oct 5, 2023, 3:45:13 AM10/5/23
to vivo...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this. I will open a ticket for this and hopefully it might be fixed for VIVO 1.15.0. Meanwhile, I think you can change that in this line - https://github.com/vivo-project/Vitro/blob/main/dependencies/pom.xml#L215. It looks that slf4j-log4j12 version 1.7.26 depends on log4j 1.2.17 (source - https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.slf4j/slf4j-log4j12/1.7.26).

Regards,

Dragan ivanovic

On 10/5/2023 12:40 AM, gm4rtin wrote:
What are the upgrade options and process for log4j 1.2.17 on a VIVO 1.13 installation?  Log4j 1.2.17 is EOL and is being flagged by our vulnerability scanner at "<tomcat>/webapps/vivo/WEB-INF/lib/log4j-1.2.17.jar" and in the build directories.  Thanks in advance.

Manuel Hidalgo

Jan 23, 2024, 2:57:51 AMJan 23
to vivo...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

We would like to export "Entire RDF model for the application (TBox and ABox, including application metadata)", but shows error.  Could be possible to do the same export with some internal instruction ?

Best regards
Manuel

Brian Lowe

Jan 23, 2024, 2:52:36 PMJan 23
to vivo...@googlegroups.com

Hi Manuel,

Most likely the error is because the export is taking long enough that the connection between Apache and Tomcat times out.  Assuming there’s enough memory available, you should be able to increase the timeout to the point where it successfully returns the file.  You should be able to add a timeout value to the ProxyPass directive, for example 1200 seconds to give it 20 minutes to return the response:

ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/ timeout=1200

If you don’t want to monkey with that you might also try the Dump/Restore utility in the Ingest Tools (Site Admin > Ingest Tools > Dump or Restore the knowledge base).  This will output the data in quads format so it can be restored exactly in another VIVO, and you may have better luck getting it to start outputting the response before the timeout intervenes.

Brian

Manuel Hidalgo

Jan 24, 2024, 10:20:35 AMJan 24
to vivo...@googlegroups.com
like Manuel Hidalgo reacted to your message:

Jan 24, 2024, 10:23:47 AMJan 24
to vivo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian,

Thanks for your suggestions, we are going to modify the timeout.

Manuel