Setup VIVO with Virtuoso

Pablo E Díaz Ramírez

Nov 4, 2021, 7:03:43 PM11/4/21
to vivo...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone in the Vivo Community, I have a problem when installing ViVO, my goal is to use the Virtuoso Triple Store, I already made the configuration shown in the documentation in the file AplicationSetup.n3, I don't know if something else is missing I have the server running Virtuoso and it works perfectly Could you help me attached image Greetings
err.png

Gross, Benjamin

Nov 4, 2021, 8:15:13 PM11/4/21
to vivo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pablo,
I haven’t tried using Virtuoso before, but based on the error it looks like it’s missing a configuration value. Did you set a value after hasEndPointURI in the Virtuoso settings part of applicationSetup.n3? See here: https://github.com/vivo-project/Vitro/blob/5a4648554af8a98e700e84c7ddb57740f61001d1/home/src/main/resources/config/example.applicationSetup.n3#L106

Also make sure you didn’t accidentally leave the ‘#’ in front. If you have it set correctly but you’re still receiving the error, we can open an issue on the Vitro GitHub.

Benjamin

_____________________________
Benjamin Gross
VIVO Product Manager, Science Group

Clarivate
clarivate.com
Accelerating innovation

On Nov 4, 2021, at 5:03 PM, Pablo E Díaz Ramírez <pdram...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello everyone in the Vivo Community, I have a problem when installing ViVO, my goal is to use the Virtuoso Triple Store, I already made the configuration shown in the documentation in the file AplicationSetup.n3, I don't know if something else is missing I have the server running Virtuoso and it works perfectly Could you help me attached image Greetings
<err.png>

Confidentiality note: This e-mail may contain confidential information from Clarivate. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete this e-mail and notify the sender immediately.

Pablo E Díaz Ramírez

Nov 4, 2021, 9:45:56 PM11/4/21
to vivo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Thanks for the answer I am attaching the configuration file AplicationSetup.n3

applicationSetup.n3

Brian Lowe

Nov 5, 2021, 4:23:58 AM11/5/21
to vivo...@googlegroups.com

Hi Pablo,

It looks like the Virtuoso content triple source requires the “hasEndpointURI” parameter, even though it doesn’t actually use it – and it isn’t shown in the wiki documentation.  Try adding it to your applicationSetup.n3 with any value you like, such as in this example:

:virtuosoContentTripleSource

    a   vitroWebapp:triplesource.impl.virtuoso.ContentTripleSourceVirtuoso ,

            vitroWebapp:modules.tripleSource.ContentTripleSource ;

    # The URI where Virtuoso can be accessed: don't include the /sparql path.

            :hasBaseURI http://localhost:8890

           :hasEndpointURI "derived from base URI" ;

            #    # The name and password of a Virtuoso account that has the SPARQL_UPDATE role.

           :hasUsername "dba" ;

           :hasPassword "admin" .

Let us know if that works for you.  If so, we should update the documentation accordingly and open an issue to remove that required parameter from future versions.

Brian

De la: vivo...@googlegroups.com <vivo...@googlegroups.com> În numele Pablo E Díaz Ramírez
Trimis: vineri, 5 noiembrie 2021 03:46
Către: vivo...@googlegroups.com
Subiect: Re: [vivo-tech] Setup VIVO with Virtuoso

Pablo E Díaz Ramírez

Nov 5, 2021, 5:24:33 PM11/5/21
to vivo...@googlegroups.com
Hello I made the configuration that you suggested is giving me a different error attached images, the user which has configured has the permissions to Perform the SPARQL_UPDATE, I am executing VIVO in Docker, there would be 3 separate containers, one for the VIVO, another for the Solr and the third Virtuoso, of this I have exposed the ports 8890 and for the Vivo the port 8080. You would know to tell me what the error that is happening now is due to. Thanks for Your Time.
err2.png
err3.png

Brian Lowe

Nov 5, 2021, 5:53:16 PM11/5/21
to vivo...@googlegroups.com

Hi Pablo,

My experience with Docker is quite limited, but I believe that if you have Virtuoso running in a separate container, you’ll want to change the :hasBaseURI to something other than localhost.  I think you’ll want to supply the hostname/ID of the container that is running Virtuoso.  (So, for example, if your Virtuoso container is called ‘virtuoso’, the line in applicationSetup.n3 might look like :hasBaseURI "http://virtuoso:8890").

(Corrections/additions from those more familiar with these types of Docker deployments welcome.)

Brian

De la: vivo...@googlegroups.com <vivo...@googlegroups.com> În numele Pablo E Díaz Ramírez
Trimis: vineri, 5 noiembrie 2021 23:24

Către: vivo...@googlegroups.com
Subiect: Re: [vivo-tech] Setup VIVO with Virtuoso

Hello I made the configuration that you suggested is giving me a different error attached images, the user which has configured has the permissions to Perform the SPARQL_UPDATE, I am executing VIVO in Docker, there would be 3 separate containers, one for the VIVO, another for the Solr and the third Virtuoso, of this I have exposed the ports 8890 and for the Vivo the port 8080. You would know to tell me what the error that is happening now is due to. Thanks for Your Time.

Pablo E Díaz Ramírez

Nov 5, 2021, 10:13:35 PM11/5/21
to vivo...@googlegroups.com
Hello, thanks for the help and I managed to connect the Visrtuoso DB with the Vivo and run the App, now it happens to me that I am inserting the test data that came from the Github repo in a triple .n3 and the data does not load ...

Dragan Ivanovic

Nov 6, 2021, 10:58:30 AM11/6/21
to vivo...@googlegroups.com

Hi Pablo,

It might be that your docker container has no access to the Internet. Maybe you can try to download sample data (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/vivo-project/sample-data/master/sample-data.n3) and then to open "Add/Remove RDF Data" VIVO page and upload the downloaded n3 file (instead of entering URL). Anyway, if you want to discuss your issue with the VIVO technical team, I can add that in the agenda for our next meeting (Tuesday, 10am Eastern Time). You can access the Zoom call by using this access link https://lyrasis.zoom.us/j/84378615572?pwd=bGUxSjlyRTdjOGl5U1B6L0Yva3RQdz09

Regards,

Dragan

Pablo E Díaz Ramírez

Nov 6, 2021, 12:01:02 PM11/6/21
to vivo...@googlegroups.com
Hello, precisely, I have the test data in local and I try to load it as you suggest and it does not load the data even I was checking in the Virtuoso Database and there is no reference in it to the VIVO ontology