Expert Finder Systems International Forum 2023 - Deadline extended to Friday November 4th

Michele Mennielli

Oct 24, 2022, 10:54:56 AM10/24/22
to VIVO Community
***Apologies for cross-posting***

I'm sharing this with the VIVO community in case someone is interested in presenting at the event.

Additional information and detail can be found at: https://expertfindersystems.org/proposals.cfm

Best,
Michele

CALL FOR PROPOSALS

Deadline extended to Friday, November 4th.

The Program Committee for the Expert Finder Systems International Forum 2023 is excited to announce we are now accepting proposals for presentations at our upcoming conference, which will be held in person, April 5-6, 2023, at the University of Miami Expo Center, Miami/Coral Gables, Florida.

ABOUT

Since the first EFS International Forum in 2019, a growing community has been engaging in an important dialogue. Conversations center on:

  • Metadata used to tell the impact stories of faculty members, research institutes, centers, and foundations
  • Federal-, state-, and privately funded research
  • Economic development efforts
  • Community engagement.

We invite people from across the research information management and faculty success technologies communities to share their experience and expertise.

The systems and use cases we have been discussing take many forms and are known by an assortment of names. These include but are not limited to:

  • Research information management systems (RIMS)
  • Research networking systems (RNS)
  • Expertise discovery
  • Content-rich profiling and networking sites
  • Current research information systems (CRIS)
  • Faculty information systems (FIS)

These systems are of growing importance in the Americas, as they provide a way to curate the institutional scholarly record, support institutional and individual reputation management, aid in the discovery of experts and team science formation, and aggregate content that can be used for reporting and strategic decision support.

[...]

Please use this form to submit your proposal.

The submission deadline is October 24, 2022 has been extended through Friday, November 4, 2022, at 11:50 pm EDT (UTC-4). Following review by the program committee, submitters will be notified about their proposal standing in early December.

Questions? Please contact Rebecca Bryant at bry...@oclc.org.