FW: scholcomm infrastructure - online CSCW workshop

Terrie Rose Wheeler

Sep 30, 2022, 11:02:31 AM9/30/22
to MCBK Community, vivo-co...@googlegroups.com, mcc...@rpi.edu, Schneider, Jodi A

All,   Please see below conference being organized by Jody Schnieder (copied here) that seeks to bring together tool builders, practitioners, and synthesis/infrastructure researchers (see details below).  The MCBK and VIVO Communities come to mind, as does Jamie McCusker and her work at RPI.

Best,

Terrie

From: "Schneider, Jodi A" <jo...@illinois.edu>
Date: Friday, September 30, 2022 at 12:44 AM
To: Terrie Wheeler <tew...@med.cornell.edu>
Cc: "jschn...@pobox.com" <jschn...@pobox.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] scholcomm infrastructure - online CSCW workshop

I'm co-organizing an online workshop on scholarly communication infrastructure for sharing, reusing, and synthesizing knowledge, as part of the ACM CSCW conference. We're looking to bring together tool builders, practitioners, and synthesis/infrastructure researchers, building on CSCW's tradition of sensemaking, knowledge infrastructures, and other areas of computer-supported collaborative work.

We're planning asynchronous activities in late October/early November, leading up to an online event in Gather.Town for about 3 hours each day on Saturday Nov 12 and Sunday 13 (exact times to be determined based on participants' timezones). Workshop fees will be $20 ($10 for students).

Our CFP is a quick Google form, basically an abstract highlighting what you're currently working on or what potential synergies you see with the workshop themes:

https://forms.gle/UfDgy8PsAeQkqLX8A.

Best consideration date Friday Sep 30th (later is ok - a heads up that you're sending something would be great! - we're trying to extend our reach and will keep looking at materials in the coming weeks); please share with anybody interested in synthesis, infrastructure, etc., for scholarly communication.

-Jodi

Jodi Schneider

Associate Professor of Information Sciences

Champaign, IL

Director of the Information Quality Lab https://infoqualitylab.org/