End of Support for VisualSVN Server 4.2.x version family

VisualSVN Team

Oct 28, 2022, 11:23:22 AM10/28/22
to visualsvn...@googlegroups.com

We are announcing the End of Support for the VisualSVN Server 4.2.x version family that will occur on November 31, 2022. Users who are running VisualSVN Server 4.2.x or older versions should plan an upgrade to the latest VisualSVN Server 5.1.x builds.

Download the latest VisualSVN Server builds at the main download page.

The reason behind the upcoming End of Support for versions 4.2.x of VisualSVN Server is that these versions are linked with the 1.10.x releases of Apache Subversion. However, the 1.10.x Long-Term Support release line of Apache Subversion has reached its End of Life in accordance with the Apache Subversion’s release life-cycle.

Meanwhile, the whole product family of VisualSVN Server continues to be actively developed. We continue to provide updates and support for versions 4.3.x, 5.0.x and 5.1.x of VisualSVN Server.

What is more, we are working on substantial improvements and exciting new features that are going to be introduced in the next updates.

Upgrade and compatibility concerns

The upgrade procedure is straightforward and in the majority of cases only requires downloading and running the installer of the latest version of VisualSVN Server. However, it is strongly recommended that you read the article KB204: Upgrading to VisualSVN Server 5.1 before beginning the upgrade.