End of Support for VisualSVN Server 3.8.x version family

VisualSVN Team

Aug 30, 2019, 9:58:20 AM8/30/19
to visualsvn...@googlegroups.com

We are announcing End of Support for the VisualSVN Server 3.8.x version family that will happen on September 30th, 2019. Users that are running VisualSVN Server 3.8.x should plan an upgrade to the latest VisualSVN Server 4.0.x builds.

Download the latest VisualSVN Server builds at the main download page.

The whole product family of VisualSVN Server continues to be actively developed. We continue to provide maintenance updates and support for VisualSVN Server 4.0.x which is the most recent version family and is linked with up-to-date OpenSSL 1.1.1, Apache HTTP Server 2.4.x and Apache Subversion 1.10.x. We also provide support and release updates for VisualSVN Server 3.9.x that is linked with OpenSSL 1.0.2.

What is more, we are working on substantial improvements and exciting new features that are going to be introduced in the next updates.

Upgrade and compatibility concerns

It is highly recommended to read the article KB149: Upgrading to VisualSVN Server 4.0 before upgrading.

Starting from version 4.0, Standard and Enterprise Editions are replaced with new Community, Essential and Enterprise licenses. During the upgrade to version 4.0, your server will automatically switch to the new licensing model. If you are upgrading from Standard Edition, in most cases it will be automatically replaced by the free Community license. However, if you use Windows Authentication or if there are more than 15 Subversion user accounts, you will need to apply a sufficient Essential or Enterprise license key or start the 45 days evaluation period. Read the article KB147: How the licensing model changes in VisualSVN Server 4.0 for more information.

Starting from VisualSVN Server 4.0, the repository web interface no longer supports Internet Explorer 10. You need to upgrade to Internet Explorer 11 or use another supported browser with the repository web interface. Read the article KB151: Browsers supported by VisualSVN Server Web Interface for more information.