Intro + Potentially Cool Group

Michael Dubakov

Sep 12, 2012, 8:35:23 AM9/12/12
to visualizi...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I'm Michael Dubakov, TargetProcess founder.
I started to dig into visualization 2 years ago and now my goal is to create the best and most visual agile project management tool.
That's what we've been doing since Jan 2012 and silently announced it here:

I've wrote some articles on visualization and are going to write several more this year.

InfoViz

Visual Encoding

I believe good visualization helps us to reveal hidden problems, make intelligent decisions, discuss things.
It really helps me to think and brainstorm solutions.

Currently I want to visualize many things:

- Backlog

- Work progress from different angles (State, People, Time, etc)

- Requirement specification (can we describe user stories in a visual way?)

- Releases and iterations flows

- Projects on a high level

- etc.

@mdubakov

Henrik Kniberg

Sep 12, 2012, 9:15:28 AM9/12/12
to visualizi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael, I like your articles, and your tool looks promising. Good work!

/Henrik

Henrik Kniberg
http://www.crisp.se/henrik.kniberg
+46 (0)70 492 5284

Yves Hanoulle

Sep 12, 2012, 9:41:03 AM9/12/12
to visualizi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

Thank you for joining.

As I know you have read a lot of books on visualisation (of data) I'm happy to see you here.

And I'm exited at the idea to ave more visual electronic tools for agile teams.

Yves

2012/9/12 Michael Dubakov <mdub...@gmail.com>

Oana Juncu

Sep 13, 2012, 2:50:45 AM9/13/12
to visualizi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
One of the most impressive approach I used is

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Yves Hanoulle <Yv...@paircoaching.net> wrote:
Hi Michael,the Visual Storytelling. This is an awesome ay to build nearly everything from solutions, to roadmaps and Value Stream Mapping.
While reading Yves' invitation, I was thinking that Visualisation is another expression for metaphors.
And yes, I'm Oana an Agile humble enthusiast. More about me http://www.linkedin.com/in/oanajuncu
http://oanasagile.blogspot.com/

@Michel : Targetprocess  did an awesome work at ALE2012 in Barcelona ; greetings to Olea, Egon, Alexei and all team :)

Oana

--
Oana Juncu
Twitter : @ojuncu

Yves Hanoulle

Sep 13, 2012, 3:17:14 AM9/13/12
to visualizi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oana,

I'm confused by your mail. Some sentences seem to be cut off.
I can try to think of linking the piece, I prefer you correct it, so I understand what you really want to say.

oh and Oana also wrote a who is

I keep sending these links because I think that these are one of the nicest ways to learn about someone.
Of course, as I have started "who is", I am totally biased.

Yves

2012/9/13 Oana Juncu <oana...@gmail.com>

Hi,
One of the most impressive approach I used is

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Yves Hanoulle <Yv...@paircoaching.net> wrote:
Hi Michael,the Visual Storytelling. This is an awesome ay to build nearly everything from solutions, to roadmaps and Value Stream Mapping.
While reading Yves' invitation, I was thinking that Visualisation is another expression for metaphors.
And yes, I'm Oana an Agile humble enthusiast. More about me http://www.linkedin.com/in/oanajuncu
http://oanasagile.blogspot.com/

@Michel : Targetprocess  did an awesome work at ALE2012 in Barcelona ; greetings to Olea, Egon, Alexei and all team :)
true
and even their article about it, gives you an impression of visualisation

I personally find it funny that they published a picture of me looking at their visualisation board, while you can see Scrumdesk on my t-shirt (scrumdesk being another tool)
It should not be special, but when I see how some software companies attack their competitors, it's a nice touch to see this.

Oana Juncu

Sep 13, 2012, 3:52:20 AM9/13/12
to visualizi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Yves and contributors, there were some strange trouble shootings with my initial mail, I "restored" it below. Sorry for the hassle.

Hi,
One of the most impressive approach I used is the Visual Storytelling. This is an awesome way to build nearly everything from solutions, to roadmaps and Value Stream Mapping.