"15 books that helped me visualize"

Henrik Kniberg

Sep 13, 2012, 4:02:07 AM9/13/12
to visualizi...@googlegroups.com

Yves Hanoulle

Sep 13, 2012, 4:14:13 AM9/13/12
to visualizi...@googlegroups.com
cool. thanks for sharing.
Maybe me realize I have not invited Staffan.
Will fix that

Yves Hanoulle

Sep 13, 2012, 4:17:26 AM9/13/12
to visualizi...@googlegroups.com
ha, I could not find Staffan on the list when I wrote this e-mail, but when inviting him, Google told me he was already here.

I love it when tools are smarter then I am...

Hi Staffan

Phone 00 32 476 43 38 32
Book: Who is agile: www.leanpub.com/WhoIsagile
German Version: Wer ist agil: www.leanpub.com/WerIstagil

Twitter LinkedIn WordPress SlideShare Amazon goodreads
Skype YvesHanoulle

Staffan Nöteberg

Sep 13, 2012, 7:26:46 AM9/13/12
to visualizi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Yves and Henrik,

Top spot of the list is a book I often think of and that made a big
impression on me. It is Edward Tufte's "The Visual Display of
Quantitaive Information." It's about visualizing data, but there are
many principles I use even when I want to show something in a slide with
two stick figures, or when I play Draw Something with my daughter. For
example, Data-ink ratio:

Data-ink-ratio = data-ink / total ink used to print the graphic =
proportion of graphic's ink devoted to the non-redundant display of
data-information.

It means: Away with all redundant. Save only what is information
bearing.

// Staffan
---
www.staffannoteberg.com

13.09.2012 10:17 skrev Yves Hanoulle:
> ha, I could not find Staffan on the list when I wrote this e-mail,
> but
> when inviting him, Google told me he was already here.
>
> I love it when tools are smarter then I am...
>
> Hi Staffan
>
> Phone 00 32 476 43 38 32
> Book: Who is agile: www.leanpub.com/WhoIsagile [7]
> German Version: Wer ist agil: www.leanpub.com/WerIstagil [8]
> [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14]
> YvesHanoulle
>
> 2012/9/13 Yves Hanoulle <Yv...@paircoaching.net [15]>
>
>> cool. thanks for sharing.
>> Maybe me realize I have not invited Staffan.
>> Will fix that

>> 2012/9/13 Henrik Kniberg <h...@kniberg.com [6]>
>>
>>> From my friend Staffan Nöteberg:
>>> http://www.amazon.com/lm/R1D2M48TND5NY4 [1]
>>>
>>> /Henrik
>>>
>>> --
>>> Henrik Kniberg
>>> http://www.crisp.se/henrik.kniberg [2]
>>> +46 (0)70 492 5284 [3]
>>>
>>> --
>>> Visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/visualizingproblems?hl=en [5].
>>>

> --
> Visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/visualizingproblems?hl=en [16].
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://www.amazon.com/lm/R1D2M48TND5NY4
> [2] http://www.crisp.se/henrik.kniberg
> [3] http://webmail.levonline.com/tel:%2B46%20%280%2970%20492%205284
> [4] mailto:visualizingproblems%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> [5] http://groups.google.com/group/visualizingproblems?hl=en
> [6] mailto:h...@kniberg.com
> [7] http://www.leanpub.com/WhoIsagile
> [8] http://www.leanpub.com/WerIstagil
> [9] http://twitter.com/YvesHanoulle
> [10] http://www.linkedin.com/in/YvesHanoulle
> [11] http://www.hanoulle.be
> [12] http://www.slideshare.net/YvesHanoulle/
> [13] https://kindle.amazon.com/profile/Yves-Hanoulle/192415
> [14] http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5830190.Yves_Hanoulle
> [15] mailto:Yv...@paircoaching.net
> [16] http://groups.google.com/group/visualizingproblems?hl=en

Henrik Kniberg

Sep 13, 2012, 9:32:17 AM9/13/12
to visualizi...@googlegroups.com
Looks very interesting! To bad my book WIP is full :o)

BTW, to the others on this list, Staffan's Pomodoro book is a masterpiece on visualization.

/Henrik

Michael Dubakov

Sep 18, 2012, 5:06:51 AM9/18/12
to visualizi...@googlegroups.com
I've combined my list as well :)

It has 12 books so far.

@mdubakov

Hans Brattberg

Sep 18, 2012, 3:43:46 PM9/18/12
to visualizi...@googlegroups.com
So many books, so litle time :-)

This is probably slightly off topic but I would like to figure out
new and better ways of visualizing data that's in a graph.
Which books should I start with?

/Hans
> --
Hans Brattberg
hans.br...@crisp.se
www.crisp.se/hans.brattberg
+46 (0)70 575 31 32

Michael Dubakov

Sep 18, 2012, 3:47:39 PM9/18/12
to visualizi...@googlegroups.com
I'd start from The Visual Display of Quantitative Information

 'Show Me the Numbers' by Stephen Few looks very promising as well, but I didn't read it

@mdubakov

Pierre

Oct 29, 2012, 4:36:41 AM10/29/12
to visualizi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Very interesting list !

Michel Grief explains very clearly what Visual Management is. A must to read.

Best Regards,

Pierre