Repair your computer missing from advanced boot menu

Hardwork

Jul 21, 2013, 11:03:44 AM7/21/13
I don't know how to restore Repair your computer option missing from advanced boot menu.

I tried with:

1) REAgentC /disable
2) REAgentC /enable

and similar commands... but they provide errors like:

1) failed operation 2 - file not found
2) failed operation 57 - incorrect parameter

Before posting here, I tried these commands to Windows 8.1 Preview. No problem there, but on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 they don't work as expected.

Anyway, this is the result of REAgentC /info command on Win 7:

Configurazione estesa per Ambiente ripristino

    Ambiente ripristino Windows abilitato:   1
    Installazione appoggio Ambiente ripristino Windows eseguita:   0
    Installazione abilitata:        0
    Strumento di ripristino personalizzato: 0
    Directory WIM di Ambiente ripristino Windows:
    Ambiente di ripristino :
    ID dati configurazione di avvio:     27db6d8a-6dc1-11df-981a-c0496e1839bf
    File di installazione:
    Operazione di ripristino:   5
    Parametro operazione:
    Codice di identificazione tasto di avvio:    0x0
REAGENTC.EXE: operazione completata

And I attached you two files with the output of bcdedit /enum all /v command + an image of the recovery folder.

Let me know what you think about it.

Best regards.

Claudio.
bcd_enum_all.txt
recovery_folder.PNG

boyans.net

Jul 18, 2017, 8:16:44 PM7/18/17
to Visual BCD
Answering after a long time.

There was never a Windows 7 Recovery attached after examining BCD , so you cannot fix with two simple commands.

You need Win 7 recovery wim file and the sdi, and then use ReagentC with parameters (read help file of tool) to attach the file properly.

I could manually attach a wim file using only Visual BCD Editor but this is pretty hard work and there is some BCD knowledge needed.
Do not want to list here all necessary steps. This is also not necessary as ReagentC does the job!

Just another remark:
I see traces in BCD of manipulations with a highly praised BCD tool which is a complete crap. Its author has hard times fixing errors and the result is leaving traces in a standard BCD without user interaction.
Do not use crap tools and then come here for help. Sorry.