Desktop boots to Grub Mode

twoeyedtim

Apr 18, 2018, 8:16:13 PM4/18/18
to Visual BCD
I wanted to learn how to use Linux, so I had a guy install it. Used it a couple of times, but never spend much time with it. Now, I have way too much going on to learn to use Linux. I am resigned to being stuck in the Matrix (Windows).

I start my computer, it almost always loads straight to Grub Mode. I turn it off, unplug the cables to the SSD (which is the boot drive), wait a bit, reconnect the cables, push the start button, and it usually goes to the menu where I can choose Linux, or Windows 10. It's the Purple Linux screen where I can use the up/down arrows. But now, more and more often, I have to disconnect my SSD for hours, or even half a day before reconnecting and trying to load to the boot menu (purple screen).

I even donated $5 to the site.

I downloaded DBR 10, and ran 'Repair BCD', 'Automatic Repair', & 'Repair MBR & Boot Records', and they came back as successful. I don't know what any of those do, but hey, I am throwing mud at the wall.

boyans.net

Oct 16, 2019, 7:26:21 PM10/16/19
to Visual BCD
Please pm your donation email, I'll return your donation as you were not helped, sorry.